Web Meeting SDK version 2.4.0

Hello Zoom Developers, here are the updates for the Web Meeting SDK version 2.4.0 release :slight_smile:

General

Added

• Support for mobile browsers (further style optimizations forthcoming).
  • Support for joining computer audio on desktop Safari.
  • Virtual background support.
  • API to decorate and customize the meeting invite URL on the frontend.
  • Statistics for meeting audio and video data.
  • Support for tr-TR(Turkey-TĂĽrkçe) and pl-PL(Poland-Polski) languages.

Fixed

• Audio delays and distortion on Safari 15.4.
  • Issue where the customer_key would be returned as empty during failover, and when users were admitted to meetings.

Client View

Added

Fixed

• Issue where the copied meeting invitation would not show the right URL when customized.
  • Issue where the participant’s name would sometimes be pushed to the top of the screen.
  • Issue where the “Request Remote Control” option was not shown in “View Options”.

Component View

Added

• Support for ZAK Token in the client.join() function. See Meetings for more details.

Fixed

• Issue where CSS with certain names would be overwritten.
  • Issue where global Material UI styles with certain names would be overwritten in the <head> tag.

You can also see the update listed on our Changelog: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes

@tommy The documentation still says that the mobile browsers are not supported so what kind of support has been added in this version? Is it possible to update the documentation accordingly.

Is the chrome 100 still an issue in this version due to the 720p downgrade issue noted in 2.3.5. I was waiting for chrome 101 rollout if so. Also can you guys outline what’s new for live streaming integration there are added notifications and I’m waiting for integration.

Updated Web Meeting SDK version 2.4.0 now i am able to join the meet with join with computer audio in ios but now i am not audible and not able to hear another members voice please check

Hey @elearningevolve ,

Docs are updated now :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @ankursingh.as65 ,

Please create a topic in #meeting-sdk:web and fill out the post template so we have enough info to help.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @Gdrum ,

Not sure I follow both of your points - can you clarify?

-Tommy

1. Does 2.4.0 have same issue as 2.3.5 which has a bug with chrome 100 with 720p resolution change?

I’ll send rest to support.

this update has an issue with video sharing in Microsoft Edge browsers it was working fine in previous update 2.3.5

@Gdrum

1. Does 2.4.0 have same issue as 2.3.5 which has a bug with chrome 100 with 720p resolution change?

Unless i misunderstood, It’s a chromium issue, not a zoom one. So you have to wait for chrome 101 for this to be fixed.

@tommy

Statistics for meeting audio/video data

Can you give more details about this? What kind of statistics, visible where?

1 Like

Correct @nvivot ! CC @Gdrum

Yes, in the settings tab of the SDK, you can see the audio and video send and receive metrics like you can in the Zoom Native Client

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @xphhzzckrq ,

Can you post the full details here: #meeting-sdk:web

Thanks,
Tommy

in this update when we join to meeting the video is automatically disable and can’t switch on the video-sharing option by the button but this issue only exist with Microsoft edge browser

Hey @xphhzzckrq ,

Thanks,
Tommy

I installed zoom web sdk into my angular project and after installing zoom sdk i start my project and its start giving error (React is not defined ) and also giving another error (createClient is undefined). What should i do now ?

Hey @amaheshwari ,

Thanks,
Tommy