Web SDK 1.7.4: Cannot join meetings: “Joining meeting timeout.”

Description
I am unable to use the Web SDK 1.7.4 to connect to a meeting created by API or created from zoom.com directly.

Error

• Joining meeting timeout.
  • The service is temporarily

Which version?
SDK 1.7.4

Screenshots

and some time I get another error

Additional context
I downloaded the new sample-app-web then edit the API_KEY and API_SECRET with my values and try to joing meeting but get this error

meeting id:

What’s the problem ?

Now it’s working but must use last version of chrome , But
after join the meeting, admin receive request to accept admit , after accepting , the user get error message , try to login again , he will be able to login , why this problem ? can I login without admin approve request ?

Regards

Hey @tps-egy,

Can you try disabling the Waiting Room feature to see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for your efforts
disabling the “Waiting Room feature” and it’s working fine now ,
Can you help me to allow sharing all participants video screen during the meeting or during the sharing screen?
Second I hosted the SDK on my server , Is server performance will affect the stability of online meeting or no ?
Regards

Hey @tps-egy,

Happy to hear it is working! With version 1.7.5 the waiting room feature should work now.

Are you all trying to share at the same time?

If you are using the local version, then yes your server could effect performance of meeting.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy

Thanks for your great efforts

** Are you all trying to share at the same time?

Yes, I ask about sharing all at the same time

** If you are using the local version , then yes your server could effect performance of meeting.

No, I use CDN Version

Regards

Hey @tps-egy,

The Web SDK does not support simultaneous screen sharing.

What locale are you in? Are you using the respective CDN?

Thanks,
Tommy

Dear Tommy ,

Yes, I use cdn as used in sample app on git and my visitors from Egypt or rounded countries

Regards in advance

Hey @tps-egy,

I would suggest using the global CDN and you should be good to go!

// For Global use source.zoom.us:
ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib('https://source.zoom.us/1.7.5/lib', '/av'); 

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks for your efforts , I sent DM to you , please check it

Will do @tps-egy!

-Tommy

Hello @tommy
I have new problem
I was have a meeting with 20 members , 19 members login successfully but 1 member get error message
The error message is

and at console the error is errorCode: 1 (errorMessage: “Invalid signature.”) , How can I solve it ?

Second: 2 members from login members have a problem in chat , after clicking on chat button , the chat not load , check screenshot (the right area where chat must be loaded)

, How can I solve it also?

Thanks in advance

Hey @tps-egy,

Can you share the signature that was generated to developersupport@zoom.us when the invalid signature error was returned so I can debug?

As for why the Chat is not showing up, it could be because you have resized the Web SDK. Does it show up when it is at the default width?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy for your efforts

I’m sorry , I haven’t the signature now because I don’t save it also note please I don’t use any of encryption for api key and secret ,What can I do to prevent it ?

second yes, chat problem appear at default and resized width , What can I do to prevent it ?

Regards

Hey @tps-egy,

You can generate the signature securely via a backend service.

See instructions and sample app here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/essential/signature

For the Chat issue, are there any errors thrown in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

For chat problem, No errors at console , what can I do ?

Hey @tps-egy,

Do you have any CSS that could be over-ridding the default Zoom Chat CSS? You can also try upgrading to version 1.7.6.

Thanks,
Tommy

What’s the difference between generate the signature via the backend service as you mentioned here or generating the signature via default method at sdk sample app on git

No, I have no css over-ridding , I upgraded to version 1.7.6 but the same problem , what can I do ?

Thanks in advance

Hey @tps-egy,

When you generate it in the sample app your secret is exposed in the frontend.

When you generate it in the backend using the backend service, your secret is never exposed, it remains secure.

Does your settings enable Zoom Meeting Chat?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes, and problem appear and disappear , many times chat working without problems but other problem appear