Web SDK 1.9.5 - debug & setLogLevel - what is this for ? Document it please, with proper examples!

Description

From the release notes, and that documentation, we have now a method ‘setLogLevel’ available.

But from the web sdk documentation itself, this method does not exists / is not referenced.

So… i guessed this method has to be called on the ZoomMtg object:

ZoomMtg.setLogLevel('info');

And yeah, it’s not generating any javascript errors at runtime so looks like i guessed right.

First thing then : do you mind updating your documentation ? By updating i’m not asking to update the web SDK version number on your documentation but to refence every single method / feature that we can use. And please, also update your API code so that we can also see from our developer tools.

No errors: good, but nothing either…

Bellow are a couple of tests made and the results.
As also explained on the documentation / communication, we have to set ‘debug’ to true on the SDK initialization to have it. (unless i misunderstood something)

Base settings : Debug = true (no setLogLevel invoked)
No error.
Result: We have the usual console logs (not using a proper logger framework) as for the previous sdk versions.

Test 1 : Debug = true + setLogLevel = info.
No error.
Result: Nothing changed. Same information on the browser console, still using the console and not a proper logger.

Test 2 : Debug = true + setLogLevel = debug.
No error.
Result: Nothing changed. Same information on the browser console, still using the console and not a proper logger.

Test 3 : Debug = false + setLogLevel = info.
No error.

Test 4 : Debug = false (no setLogLevel invoked)
No error.

So…

1. What is this ‘debug’ parameter for at the initialization time ? Does not look like it has real effect on the information logged by the Web SDK.
  2. What is this setLogLevel method for ? Again, it has no real effect on the information logged by the Web SDK.
1 Like

By the way, can you please consider the following feature request

Even if you disagree with that proposition, at least state something.

Hey @nvivot,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’ve reached out to our engineering team to confirm these details. I’ll follow up with you in regard to the feature request as well.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hello, any updates about this ?

@nvivot

Thanks for your patience. I reached out to our documentation team to clarify this and am awaiting a response (DEVELOPERS-1377)

I’ll update you when I know more.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.