Web SDK disconnect and reconnect users multiple times during the call

Our users told us they got ‘black screen’ multiple times during the call.

We did test calls from our web application to our Android app. The web users reconnect after about 2 minutes into the call (then again a few minutes later).

Our users are frustrated with this.

We would be very appreciated if anyone can help us fix this problem.

Hey @ttran,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Just to clarify, are you only seeing this when using Android or with other platforms as well?

What version of the Web SDK are you using?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

We currently using web sdk 1.8.5.
Our application only use web sdk and Android sdk.
This happen for a certain users, and we noticed one of the users is using Verizon Fios.
Could Fios has issue(s) with web sdk?

Thanks,
ttran

Hey @ttran,

Thank you for following up with more information. First, I’ll mention that we revised our browser support to better align with the platforms that we support for the Web SDK. This means that we had to remove support for mobile browsers when it comes to current and previous versions of the Web SDK.

That’s not to say it won’t work, we just aren’t able to provide support for mobile browsers unfortunately. With that being said, I’ll offer some pointers in hopes they help to debug the issue you’re seeing:

1. Try testing on the latest version (1.9.6)
  2. Make sure that any Zoom Apps (Desktop or Mobile) are using the latest version too.
  3. Try to check the browser console on the device.
  4. Use our Sample Web App as a reference

Thanks,
Max

Hi MaxM,

Thank you for your reply and we will test out version 1.9.6 and see if this work for us.

Our users use desktop/laptop to make calls. They are not using mobile browser to call our Android app.

Thanks,
ttran

Hey @ttran,

Thanks for clarifying - looks like I misunderstood. Let me know if using the latest version resolve your issues.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.