Web SDK update version 1.9.0

Hello Zoom Developers, here are the updates for the Web SDK version 1.9.0 release :

Added

1. Added support for Gallery View.
  2. Added support for meeting hosts to send messages to participants in a Waiting Room.
  3. Added support for pausing recordings.

Enhancements

1. Enhanced display message for blocking participants from certain regions to join meetings.
  2. Enhanced messaging to update WebSDK version.
  3. Enhanced JSmedia file for Gallery View support, fixing audio issues, and errors within the browsers console.

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed invite email length to open email client.
  2. Fixed Share privileges in Breakout Rooms to match the main Meeting session.
  3. Fixed Chat privileges in Breakout Room to match the main meeting session.
  4. Fixed grammatical errors for polling results.
  5. Fixed German translation errors.
  6. Fixed UI issue where Q&A comments covering participants name.

You can also see the update listed on our Changelog: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy

6 Likes

I’ve had a play around with this already, and all seems good so far! I really like the waiting room features implemented in this release, and they will be a big help for our upcoming virtual conferences. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey @alexmayo ,

I am happy to hear you like it so far! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

There is a bit of video lag using the SDK. Is this a known issue?

Hey @ckarpyszyn ,

For issues relating to this release, please create a new topic and fill out the post template so we can have enough info to debug the issue. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Super glad to see that the gallery view is finally available. Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Is there a way to join zoom meeting with Grid View enabled by default? Any init parameter? Couldn’t find anything in docs. Because after update only way to enable GridView is to switch to it manually but I’d love to get init parameter to do that from code.

1 Like

You are welcome @elearningevolve ! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @polandoutpost ,

For specific questions about the Web SDK , please create a new topic here: #client-web-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

In this new release will there be functionality for spotlighting via the web SDK? I see it is now available in the client window, but can’t see any reference in the documentation.

If it is available, what is the method?

If not, will this be following in a future release?

Many thanks,
Wilf

Hey @wilf.steward ,

That is correct, currently it is in the UI, and not a function that can be called in your code.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,
Does v1.9.0 have language json file. Follow this link https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/sdk-reference/web-reference, i only see v.1.8.6 language file.

Thanks @tommy!

Will spotlighting become available soon, or is it on the roadmap at all for an upcoming release?

This would be really useful for our project.

Cheers,
Wilf

Hey @hungnm ,

Can you share a screenshot of where you see the outdated language info?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @wilf.steward ,

Yes, we are always working on feature parity with the Zoom App. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy,
Now i can see the latest language file.

1 Like

Has the resolution been updated to 720p yet? I can’t recall what the latest was…

Happy to help @hungnm ! :slight_smile:

@kelly.battistuzzi , not yet, here is the latest release: Web SDK update version 1.9.0

Thanks,
Tommy

The inset video for Webinars is no longer appearing…can this please be updated asap?!

Did this release include fixes for excessive CPU utilization? It was mentioned previously that the 1.9.0 release would include these improvements but it is not called out explicitly in the release notes.

Thanks,
Mike