Web SDK Host Video and Audio Cross Browser

I am looking for a way to share a meeting on a website. I only require the hosts video and audio to be shown in the browser. In the scenario i have, I’m not worried about users conversing at all they just need to be able to see the video and hear the audio of the host from any device/browser.

Im using the Web SDK CDN and can connect without a hitch. I’m aware to join audio that it doesn’t work on safari. But is there a reason you cannot just hear audio across all browsers? I understand the limitation of providing a mic feed from the device to the browser. But can you not receive audio without joining audio?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Shane

Hi @shane.lord,

Right now, we only have the capability to join audio via meetings will only work for Chrome, Edge. It will only work for Firefox & Safari for Webinar attendees[1].

1 - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web#features-across-browsers

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Thank you for the reply. Appreciated.

Sorry, I’m still not sure. I want any user to be able to hear the hosts audio they don’t need to participate. Is that possible from the web SDK?

Joining audio allows you to hear and unmute your mic? There isn’t a method for you just to hear without the ability to use your mic?

What do you mean by will only work on safari and Firefox for webinar attendees? Isn’t anyone viewing the web SDK an attendee?

Thanks

Hey @shane.lord , please see the status of the WebSDK:

We are working to get the Zoom Web Client and Zoom Web SDK back online. Please keep up with our status page for detailed updates: status.zoom.us

The best workaround is to use the Zoom Desktop / Mobile app.

Just include the Zoom meeting join url (https://zoom.us/j/meetingID) on your site rather than showing the websdk / iframe. Clicking on the join url will open the Zoom meeting in the Zoom app.

And the note from the Manager of Developer Relations at Zoom.

Apologies for the inconvenience,
Tommy