Web SDK unable to access a meeting when started from a PRO account due to cloud recordings

Hello, I’m trying to integrate the web sdk but I’m receiving an error and I cannot figure out how to fix it.
I have a free account and I developed the integration of the sdk in a web page, everything is perfectly working and all the features I need are present.

Since there are limitations with the free account we purchased the PRO account in order to have more participants and the cloud recording feature.

The procedure is the following:

1. a meeting is created via API endpoint
  2. the host joins the meeting from the web page
  3. the users join the meeting also from the web page

For the host part everything goes fine and the meeting is started.

When the regular user joins the meeting an error is triggered and the user cannot join the meeting.
The error I receive is in Italian, it says: “La versione sdk corrente non supporta la registrazione di riunioni o webinar. Effettua un aggiornamento alla versione più recente.”
which translats approximately into “The current sdk version doesn’t support meeting/webinar recording. Update to the latest version”

Version: latest version 1.8.3

The weird thing is that I still didn’t implement anything about the cloud registering feature, indeed if I change the API key and secret, without changing a single line of code the app start working again.

same code, with pro account it doesn’t work, with free account it works.

I also tried to disable cloud recoding from the zoom account but the issue persists.

Something that could help in identifying the issue might be that if I join the meeting always with role=1 for all the users it works, however I don’t want more than one host connected.

Can you please help me? what should I do to identify the issue?

So, for future readers… I found the issue.

The error was misleading, the issue is actually in the meeting creation process.

When creating the meeting I had to define ‘registration_type’ => 2.

Happy to hear you got it sorted out @gimp! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.