WebCodecs Chrome 92

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/THMWmD7JGFM/m/TM0tb0LdAwAJ

From there there are breaking changes for WebCodecs on Chrome 92 will WebSDK have a release for this or this is accounted for?

2 Likes

Hi @developer-whova ,

I’ll look into this further for you for any updates.

Best,
Gianni

Hey @developer-whova,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve reached out to our engineering team and will get back to you when I have confirmation that we have adjusted to this change. (ZOOM-293132)

Thanks,
Max

After updating to chrome 92 video of self is no longer visible to self, but is visible to other participants. Gallery view is no longer available. When joining breakout rooms video stops. I can resume video by leaving breakout room and entering lobby, turning off video, entering breakout room and re-enabling video.

1 Like

You need to enable origin trials of the SharedBufferArray to keep using gallery view until Chrome 96.

1 Like

Thanks for jumping in @developer-whova :slight_smile:

Our team confirmed that this change will not have an impact. We have already merged the code to adjust to this. Thank you for bringing this up!

Max

Hi
Can you confirm which version has this fix as we are also facing the same issue.

The gallery view is missing and the participant cannot see his own video.
Regards
Atul

@helloparent It sounds like that is related to the SharedArrayBuffer changes in Chrome.

Please see this thread: Gallery View Button not showing in Chrome Browser - #3 by mijodu

Max

Hi MaxM,

Thank you for your response. We tried to incorporate the solution mentioned here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/advanced/web-isolation

We put in the required values in nginx.conf but we are still facing the same problem.

Zoom SDK version: 1.95.1
URL: India's leading mobile app for school parent communication and fees payments

Further we have noticed that we are not able to see meeting.html or helper.html in the Network section of Chrome Dev Tools.

Please advise what are we missing.

Response Awaited. Pls treat this as urgent.

Pls respond to the above query.

This is highly surprising that even after multiple reminders, no one from Zoom is bothered to respond to the queries. This update has broken the Zoom Web SDK and made the SDK unusable but still the team is not responding to the queries.

Hey @helloparent,

It looks like our queue was being sorted incorrectly so each time you responded it reset your place in the queue. We’ve since fixed this.

The helper.html file should only be necessary when you are using a registration required webinar.

If you aren’t seeing the meeting.html file then something else is wrong. I would test this with the latest version (1.9.7) using the Sample Web App.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi. Thanks for the response.

The sample web app shall have the meeting.html since there wouldnt be any integrations with our system. Now the SDK has been integrated with our system.

How would you suggest testing this?

Regards
Atul

Hey @helloparent,

If you are looking to test the Web SDK I would go through the process you expect users to take and when encountering issues double checking against the latest version of the Sample Web App. If you spot an issue there, you can reach out to us and easily demonstrate the problem is on our end.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

We have been using the Web SDK integrated with our system since last 1.5 yrs. Since this is integrated with our flow, we do not have the meeting.html files. This new issue has cropped up post the Chrome update. Now how do we test with Sample SDK when our system does not have the meeting.html files.

Hey @helloparent,

Thanks for clarifying your point there. If you don’t have a meeting.html file, you would just want to make sure those same CORP, COEP and COOP policies apply to the route that has the Zoom Web SDK.

As this is urgent for your team, I think we should handle this in a ticket so that we can set up a meeting and I can give it priority. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for the response. I have written the email to the said id. Please suggest the next steps.

Regards
Atul

Hi Max,

Kindly expedite the response as our students are not able to attend the classes due to this issue. This is hurting the learning in a big way.

Regards
Atul

Hey @helloparent,

Please share the ticket number and I’ll make sure to get on this ASAP.

Thanks,
Max