Web SDK Version 1.7.7 is now live!

@pensarajustica If I were you I would create another web site, say a microsite, which is just one html page that uses Zoom Web SDK and lets your users join a meeting. This may require a pro account or developer account, I don’t know much about Zoom account tiers.

I recommend cloning Zoom Web SDK Sample App You can just use the example in the CDN directory of the sample app. The next step is hosting that single page. The easiest hosting method for your case is, imho, a static web hosting. There are many hosting providers that support static web sites such as Firebase, Netlify, and Vercel to name a few.

Once you deploy your site point your iframe to it by setting src=“YOUR_ZOOM_WEB_SDK_MICRO_SITE_URL”. Don’t forget to set the allow attribute on the iframe to let fullscreen and microphone.

Good luck :slight_smile:

That means you’ll have 2 web sites, the one you built with wix and the one that uses Zoom Web SDK.

1 Like

@michael_p.zoom is the gallery view not enabled inside the zoom Web SDK? If three people are on a call, you can only see the one person who is talking. We would like to have the ability to see all three people inside the meeting.

Hii
Can you please say until when can we get an gallery view of participants in Web SDK

Regards
A Wahid Syed

Hi Emre,

Thanks for your feedback on this this sounds easy whenever I read your email but for me is a pain in the ass as I never developed a website and I am the beginner trying to work around with Wix.

Is it possible to you helping me at least clarifying this step by step.

I understood we cannot embed into iframe Zoom on Wix.

We can embed in iframe another website new URL with Zoom sample kit installed???

If yes, how would I do that… I have no clue where to go and I need to deliver it this 1st June. I thought it was easy once the meeting comes up on iframe but WIX has lots of limitations like that.

Could you please help me???

Many thanks in advance.

Carlos Filho
wh

@conradwalz @cynthiansappz Right now the WebSDK does not support gallery view. Having multiple video streams 10+ at once within the browser will cause high cpu usage and unusable meeting experience. We are currently working on testing the gallery view to make sure the meeting experience is not affected.
When we do release it we will make the announcement. You can stay up to date about new features & releases with our Web SDK upcoming changes and change log page.

@pensarajustica Adding on to what @EmreErdogan stated in his last comment. (Thanks for contributing btw). You best bet would be to…

1. Load the Web SDK into your website. https://mywebsite.com/websdk. The Web SDK will take up the full page.
  2. Within Wix, input an iframe that has your website.

Hi Michael

Thanks for the feedback.

I was able to install SDK and i got stuck here

i’ve installed and created JTW key, however i cannot understand these instructions…

Import Module Locally

The Zoom Web SDK can be installed through npm using the zoomus-websdk package.
npm i @zoomus/websdk

i did it in terminal…

• @zoomus/websdk@1.7.7
    updated 1 package and audited 38 packages in 1.681s
    found 0 vulnerabilities

and now what should i do?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

That error vanished after removing css conflicts but now the issue on thumbnail video that with out given below snippet we are not able to see the thumbnail / ourself video
which we were discussing in email thread as well
#suspension-my-canvas{
height : auto !important;
}

1 Like

Hi Michael, I have a few issues that I would like to bring to light and see if we can get them resolved.
-Will Zoom SDK have a gallery view in it anytime soon? That would be nice to have when 3 or more people are in the meeting. If not, does the SDK offer a way to pin a specific person so they only see that person?

• The zoom thumbnail is not working correctly. When you see yourself in the thumbnail, it shows the complete opposite of what you are actually doing. Ex: If I am showing my right hand to someone, it looks like I am showing my left hand. It’s very confusing.

Looking forward to your response.

@michael_p.zoom here is a picture of the thumbnail issue we are seeing. It is the complete opposite and backward. In the photo, the doctor is holding up her right hand, but in the thumbnail, it looks like her left hand. Very confusing. Any solution to this?

Hi @conradwalz

Isn’t the right hand of the doctor up in the thumbnail too?

This is the mirroring effect. Is there any way to stop the mirroring effect?

@developer21 It is, but it is showing as the left hand. It is the opposite of what you should be seeing. Can this be fixed? Also, can zoom add in the gallery feature inside the web SDK?

Hi, sir how do you solve this problem?
zoom-meeting-1.7.7.min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘toString’ of undefined
at m (zoom-meeting-1.7.7.min.js:2)
I have the same problem, i am trying to join into a live meeting that have been created in my zoom app. I work with aspnet and i connect my html and js with CDN Zoom api SDK

Yes, you can use the spotlight feature to pin a speaker. Please refer to my comment below about Gallery View

For the thumbnail/participant view we do no support mirror view, however, we’ll make this a prioirty to support this feature as this is available on our native client.

@dennisreysanchez - We wasn’t able to reproduce this error using the latest version 1.7.8.
Can you upgrade to 1.7.8 and see if this error still happens?

Thanks

In config variable you might miss email and in join call method you have that variable reference

Can you send me a screenshot of how to do that? I can’t find the spotlight feature anywhere.

@conradwalz
Please see the below links on how to spotlight a video. The WebSDK should follow the same format.

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks

Hi, i update to 1.7.8 zoom metting, now i have a problem with the meeting number. It’s wrong, i don’t know why, because i use a heroku server to get the signature and i get the meeting number from my html, and i enter the meeting number of my conference that have been created but the error its the same
console.log(meetConfig.meetingNumber);
fetch(“https://peruclownlatam.herokuapp.com/”, {
method: ‘POST’,
body: JSON.stringify({ meetingData: meetConfig })
})
.then(result => result.json())
.then(response => {
console.log(String(response.signature))
ZoomMtg.init({
leaveUrl: ‘http://www.zoom.us’,
success: function () {
ZoomMtg.join(
{
meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
userName: meetConfig.userName,
signature: String(response.signature),
userEmail: meetConfig.userEmail,
apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
passWord: meetConfig.passWord,
success: function (res) {
$(’#nav-tool’).hide();
console.log(‘join meeting success’);
},
error: function (res) {
console.log(res);
}
}
);
},
error: function (res) {
console.log(res);
}
});
});

});

I look that the problem is Heroku app and the signature, when i create a local signature in my js with ZoomMtg.generateSignature() i join to my meeting without problems, but when y get the signature from Heroku i get meetingNumber error, i create the heroku app with Zoom Doc, and put my Api secret and Api key there. Any Solution?
Also i get 2 differents signature with the same meetingConfig, local signature is different to the heroku signature