Web SDK ZoomMtg inMeetingServiceListener

Description
I found in Web SDK ZoomMtg “inMeetingServiceListener” method but it doesn’t exist in the documentation.
Error
Is the method working on the web? Where I can find a list of events? I found that there are a lot of events described in Android SDK https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/InMeetingServiceListener.html
Which version?

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @frayeralex,

Where did you find inMeetingServiceListener? I can only find it in the Android docs.

Here is the reference for the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

I found it in source code (…/@zoomus/websdk/dist/zoomus-websdk.umd.min.js) 11699 line

inMeetingServiceListener: function (e, t) {
“string” === typeof e && “function” === typeof t ? $(A).on(e, function (e, n) {
n && t(n);
}) : (console.log("inMeetingServiceListener invalid parameter: "), console.log(e, t));
},

Is it work or will work in future? It will be very help-full when we can listen zoom SDK events - because for now I use Mutation Observers to catch “events” when DOM nodes in zoom subtree changed

Thanks,
Oleksiy

Hey @frayeralex,

I am looking into why we do not have this documented.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Were you able to gather any context on why inMeetingServiceListener is not documented for the web SDK? I am also looking to attach listeners to these SDK events so I would love to be able to leverage this functionality using the current release of the web sdk.

Thanks!
Nitin

Hey @nraj, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Hey @JackYang, can you look into this please?

Thanks,
Tommy

ok, we will add these events to doc

2 Likes

Hey @frayeralex, @nraj,

inMeetingServiceListener has been added to the docs.

https://zoom.github.io/sample-app-web/ZoomMtg.html#inMeetingServiceListener

Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

Can somebody clarify when the inMeetingServiceListener events are supposed to be invoked? I tried the onUserJoin and onUserLeave events, but I couldn’t get them to trigger.

Hey @penar.musaraj,

Are you using the latest Web SDK? 1.7.2?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I was using 1.7.0, will test with 1.7.2, thanks!

1 Like

Hey @penar.musaraj,

Let me know if it works for you in 1.7.2!

-Tommy

Tried with 1.7.2, and no luck.

Is this feature limited to meetings, by any chance? I am testing this webinars, so maybe that’s why it isn’t working?

What are the specific circumstances that would trigger the listener? I mean, for example, should the user leaving the event trigger the event listener before the redirect has taken place?

I also should note that I tried adding the listener in multiple places in the SDK initializer (before/after the join call, in the `success1 callback), neither was successful.

Hey @penar.musaraj,

I just tried with a meeting and it didn’t seem to work either.

I will investigate the issue further and get back to you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Sorry for the inconvenience, this API have’t enough test, and we need to fix in next version.

1 Like

Hey @JackYang any update on the inMeetingServiceListener function being available for implementation ?? It’s still not working with the 1.7.4 version of the web sdk

Hey @muhammad.youshea,

I believe inMeetingServiceListener won’t be available until 1.8.0 release.

Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy