Web SDK ZoomMtg inMeetingServiceListener

Hey @aleksandr.borovsky,

We will update the docs once this feature is released in 1.8.0.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey folks, any updates on release of 1.8? Looks like it was scheduled for April but I don’t think it’s available. Is it?

Hey @ilya1,

It was pushed back, please stay updated here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Any update on latest web sdk ? Will there be any updates on handling the following events like

1. onUserJoin
  2. onUserLeave
  3. onUserIsInWaitingRoom
  4. onMeetingStatus

etc which are mentioned in docs for inMeetingServiceListener events.

This doesn’t seems to be working at the moment in v1.7.9 or v1.7.10

Hey @dharminder,

As mentioned in the docs, the inMeetingServiceListener will ship with version 1.8.0.

Stay updated here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

We are also waiting for this to work.

We have the following questions / remarks:

• Are these events related to the current user only, or will we received this for any participant joining / leaving / etc. the zoom meeting ? The documentation do not describe it at all and we think this is an important point. Depending on this “scope” this feature may be useful or not much.
  • Do you have any plans to add more events we can listen to (and react on) ? Being able to listen to users’ actions (mute, unmute, etc.) would be a great thing for auditing and support on our side, and be able to react on these customers actions. Adding listeners based on web elements is definitely a painful and non stable thing, so having your SDK providing this ability would help a lot.

Please do not reply what you already replied (please wait until it’s released for the documentation)

Aren’t you interested in your community feedback even when a feature is under development, rather than developing something which may not cover what the community expects ?

1 Like

Hey @tommy,

Thanks for your quick response !

I have few queries which i want you to clarify.

I have an application which has android version and web version as well.
In android app i have used following key & secret :

and it facilitate users to create and start meetings by filling their zoom login credentials.
And in web version i am using following key & secret for web sdk :

I have used zoom pro account to create the above SDK & JWT apps.

Now here is the scenario for which i want your clarifications :

1. In Android Version app, different users are getting login and they can create and start their own meetings by using their personal zoom login and password.

2. I want users to be able to create and start meetings from web version as well where i am using web sdk. Now because web sdk uses JWT token to generate signature so this is causing Invalid Sugnature issues for me because JWT key & secret which i am using is common for all users and to start a meeting JWT key & secret should be from same account from which meeting was created. Although i have created SDK (for Android Version) & JWT (for Web Version) apps from same pro account.

So can you please suggest any solution for this issue so that i can make the users to start the meetings by using web sdk.

1. Is this possible to use web sdk by using oauth instead of passing jwt key & secret ? So that i can force users to login before creating or starting meeting just like the way it is working in Android SDK.

Your reply would be appreciated.

Hey @nvivot,

They are for the current user only as in the user using the Web SDK will trigger those functions.

If you want to cover all the users of the meeting / webinar, use the Zoom Webhooks.

Yes, we do plan on adding more features. You can submit your Web SDK and or Webhook feature request here: Feature Requests

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @dharminder,

Correct.

We are working to make the Web SDK function like the Client SDKs in terms of allowing authorized users to start their own meetings:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you,

i posted our feature request on the appropriate section: Web SDK - inMeetingServiceListener - more event to listen to

1 Like

Sorry to disturb again on same topic, but we really need to understand how these events will be triggered to know if we can wait & use this feature in our application to satisfy one of our use case.

I would like to know when these events would be triggered ?
Especially the onUserIsInWaitingRoom and onUserJoin events about putOnHold() feature:

• Would onUserIsInWaitingRoom be triggered on a Particpant “A” after the meeting host performed the putOnHold(participantAId, true) action ?
  • Would onUserJoin (or another event) be triggered on Participant “A” after the meeting host performed the putOnHold(participantAId, false) action ?

In addition: could the documentation describes how (use cases) events are triggered for next release ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey @nvivot,

onUserIsInWaitingRoom and onUserJoin will be triggered when a user joins the waiting room or meeting.

putOnHold will also trigger the respective event if you want to handle the joining programmatically.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tommy,

Thank you for your reply, looks like 1.8.0 is out so i will confirm that.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

Any update on this ?

I guess v1.8.0 is out now so can you please tell me if these events are working now ? If YES then is there any updated documentation for these and if NO then any tentative date for these to make it work with web sdk.

1. onUserJoin
  2. onUserLeave
  3. onUserIsInWaitingRoom
  4. onMeetingStatus

It’s supposed to work and partially work.
Bugs has already been reported about it, and no the documentation is not updated at all even if it was said it would when 1.8.0 would be released.

Hey @nvivot, @dharminder,

We are working on the docs currently.

Related thread:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Are only 4 events are supported in the latest version? I want to use ‘onChatMessageReceived’ which is there in Android SDK. Can you please let me know if it is supported in the Web SDK?

Thanks

Hey @rahult,

The supported events on the Web SDK are listed here:

Currently we do not support the onChatMessageReceived event in the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

hi @Tommy ,

Do we have any event listener for recording start and recording end. I didn’t find that in doc

And Is there any way, we can ask guest to acknowledge if host should start the recording.
and if guest says Yes, start the recording and if guest says No, convey the message to the host to not to start the recording.