Webhooks Event doesn't return all data or incorrect data

I finally have a functional, though not complete, applet taking Zoom webhook events and posting them in our messaging application for our organization. What I notice is that when Zoom Room events were updated (intelligent camera) the webhook returned a setting change listing password security setting configurations and not anything related to the actual change. Is this the default fallback for any settings that aren’t available to be sent out via webhook event subscriptions?

I also notice in the webhook api for webinar.alerts: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/webinar-events/webinar-alert the schema describes type as having values 1,2,3, or 8. This seems to be a typo, as potentially “8” should be “9” matching webinar.created webhook and what is actually returned by the webhook.

I was also wondering if the text format of the webhook subscription at status.zoom.us the same as the Zoom webhook API?

It looks like for status.zoom.us it is run by statuspage, so I am guessing the webhook format would be the following the statuspage webhook format, which I am searching for.

Hey @mkumar05,

Can you clarify this?

Nice find, this is an error in our docs! @shrijana.g can you please correct this?

I am not aware of the format of our status webhooks as they are not apart of the developer platform. Where are you seeing the webhook docs for that?

And yes, it is run by statuspage. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy @mkumar05 Thanks a lot for letting me know about the webinar type issue in our docs. I have fixed it. Please let us know if you have any other feedback.

Thanks,
Shrijana

1 Like

The webhook for account updates doesn’t seem to return the correct details. I was testing this with the Zoom Room feature “Intelligent Camera” and when it is toggled on or off the webhook event account.update returns information about security profile settings vs zoom room setting changes (specifically Intelligent Camera)

Statuspage details on webhook format:
https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/enable-webhook-notifications/

But, I haven’t gotten to the point where I have reviewed logs and validated this is indeed what the incoming webhook format looks like.

Hey @mkumar05,

Can you share a link or screenshot of this setting so I can see if it should be included in the account.update webhook?

Thanks,
Tommy

Zoom Room Setting Change:

Webhook Body Response: (with personably identifiable data hashed out)

My custom App output:

Hey @mkumar05,

Thanks for the additional details, engineering is look into the issue and I will provide you with updates. (ZOOM-172097)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @mkumar05,

After speaking with engineering, we don’t support ZR setting updated Webhook Events currently. I will add this as a feature request.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the update. So am I correct in stating the webhook event returning security password requirements is the default fall back for non-supported updates. Since making zoom room changes dotrigger the webhook event notification.

Hey @mkumar05,

Correct.

Thanks,
Tommy