Webhooks: user's own actions

I have a question related to the behavior of User event webhooks.

Recently, I have decided to rely on events that fire off when a user gets deleted from the Host’s account. To my surprise, it does not work as I expect this. For example, I can see that User events called disassociate and delete work only when one of my account’s users are affected by my actions. But here is the thing: I want to catch an event when one of the users clicks, say, “Unassociate and create your own account”. I have tested many scenarios and none of them can handle this.

On top of that, I did not find any webhook that catches the moment when a user with an existing Zoom account accepts my invitation. When it comes to a situation where the user has no account at all, and then accepts my invitation, I can see that incoming Update webhook contain some unrelated info like “PMI 0 => 123456789”, “timezone: ‘’ => 'Europe/City '” (nothing about his decision to accept the invitation) etc.

So here’s what I want to handle:

1. When a user leaves my account
  2. When a user accepts my invitation

Hey @i_maxim,

What kind of App Type are you using?

A Webhook-only, JWT, Account Level OAuth, or User Managed OAuth?

As for the User Associated Webhook, we do not have one at this time.

Thanks,
Tommy

I am using a Webhook-only App to get events, and a JWT to perform actions. Event subscription is set in the Webhook-only. If it does not work in these types of app, then how can I catch those events?

Hey @i_maxim, currently you will only get the User Disassociated Webhook event when the Admin removes them via the Delete User endpoint or the Zoom Web Portal.

I will add a feature request to send the User Disassociated Webhook event when a user clicks the “Unassociate and create your own account” button.

Thanks,
Tommy

Okay, Tommy, thank you. And it would also be great to somehow catch an event when a user status changes from Pending to Active

1 Like

Hey @i_maxim,

That would be another great feature! I will pass this on to our team as a feature request!

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tommy,

Since we spoke about those new webhooks, I’ve noticed there’s a new “user accepted invitation” in the list of webhooks. But what about handling the event when user clicks “Unassociate and create your own account" button?

Hey @i_maxim,

You can use the User Disassociated webhook.

Thanks,
Tommy

it still does not work :frowning: (I am using a webh00k app)
updated: probably it does not trigger the hook in this situation because on the page you have given it is stated that Pro-plan is required. On the other hand, other do.

Hey @i_maxim,

That is correct that the Pro Plan is required on the account receiving Webhooks.

Are you looking for a User Invitation Declined webhook? If so, we have not developed this yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy, I was saying that ‘user.disassociated’ webhook does not work when user clicks “Unassociate and create your own account" (whereas it works when admin disassociate a user manually via control panel). It says that Pro plan is required, however, some other webhooks that state the same do work.

Hey @i_maxim,

Apologies for misunderstanding, I will check to see if this is intended functionality or a bug.

I believe all Webhooks require a Pro account. We will make sure this is consistent across our documentation. CC @shrijana.g

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes