Webinar add-on limits - to what do they apply?

Hi,

I guess that’s a quite basic question, but I could not get a definitive answer elsewhere, so I decided to simply ask rather than test it myself :slight_smile:

If I have a “Webinar 100” add-on, to what does the 100 limit apply:

• to the number of registrants I can add and approve
  • or to the number of people who can actually join the started webinar?

In other words, with a “Webinar 100” add-on, can I have 200 approved registrants, with Zoom limiting the number of people who are actually joining the started webinar to 100? If so, what will late joiners see when they follow the join URL?

Hey @v.hristov,

The 100 number is the number of attendees you can have attend the webinar.

Check out this article for more details:

I’d assume only 100 can register, and join.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

As the article itself is also not quite clear on this topic, I went ahead and tested this myself.

I created a webinar and managed to add 110 approved participants to the webinar through the API while I had only the Webinar 100 add-on.

Based on this, I would assume that we can have an unlimited number of registered and approved participants in a webinar and that the 100 (or 500, etc.) limit will be applied only when the webinar actually starts and participants starts joining in. Can you confirm this?

We need to be sure about this behavior of Zoom in order to know whether to limit the number of approved participants from our app or just to let the hosts add as much participants as they want, training them that only 100 people can join the actual session.

Many thanks for all your support.

1 Like

Hey @v.hristov,

Thanks for testing this. I will talk to the team about adding messaging around registering over the limit of a webinar capacity.

As for the 110 participants joining, only 100 (or the numbered limit) will be able to join the actual webinar.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

So does your comment mean that at some point in the future a user will be restricted from adding more than a 100 registered participants for a Webinar 100 add-on? If so, when would that be expected to happen?

We need to educate our users and to explain how Zoom works with regards to setting up webinars. I would expect this to be a question which every user of Zoom webinars would have, so it would be good to clarify this explicitly in the documentation.

Hey @v.hristov,

As this is more of a question about the functionality of Webinars and not about the API or App Marketplace, I suggest you reach out to support.zoom.us for more information. As of now we have no plans to limit registrants.

That being said, you could literally have 10000 registrants, however, only 100 would be able to join the webinar. But, that 100 includes the host and the panelist. So say they have 5 panels and one host for the webinar, that only leaves a spot for 96 participants to join the webinar. If someone happens to drop out of the webinar and it goes down to 99 then the next person waiting to get into the webinar will enter if they are outside of the webinar.

Thanks,
Tommy

What will the participants see when the max capacity is reached? can we customize the message?

Hey @bkmilpitas,

We do not support customizing the error message. The participants will see a notification informing them that the webinar is full.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi there. I came across this posting in my search of finding out the answer to the same question. Can I register 200 registrants if I have Zoom 100 subscription? You said, “at this time You can”, has that changed by now, considering this was posted on December? Can I still register more people that the amount that can attend?

Hey @promo,

Yes, you can register an unlimited amount of users, and then update your webinar limit accordingly, or only have the first 100 registrants join.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the feedback.

Fernando Balbontin
Genesis Multimedia

(416) 881-2680

fernando@gmmi.ca
www.gmmi.ca

1 Like

Hey @promo,

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy quick question regarding the same subject.

We are all setup for a big conference organized on 7 zoom accounts. We tested everything many times. It works great!

I just have 1 specific question:

If during a webinar we reach our limit of 500 attendees (in our curent plan for all 7 accounts), is it possible to upgrade the limit to 3000 while the webinar is broadcasting, so that more people can join?

If so, will other attendees will be able to join the event even if the broadcast has already started or is there a delay ?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @webinaireita2,

If you could, please share your question with support.zoom.us, they will be able to better assist since this forum is for App Marketplace and API questions.

Thanks,
Tommy

Is there is a limit for the number of panelists with Webinar100?

Hi,

If I remember correctly, there was a limit of 100 panelists, even though I cannot find that number in the docs now.
The doc at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005657826-Inviting-Panelists-to-a-Webinar says there’s a limit of 300 panelists for Business/Enterprise accounts, but I am not sure if that is relevant for simple Pro users.
This doc: https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Zoom-Video-Webinars-FAQ.pdf refers to up to 100 video participants, but that might be a limit on the number of people who can share their video at any given moment during the webinar.

Our use case does not require more than 20 panelists, so we’ve put a limit on our end to this number and haven’t explored much the hard upper limit on the panelists.

1 Like

Hey @academy,

Let me know if @v.hristov post answers your question! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes @tommy! Thank you @v.hristov.

Have you gotten this question answered yet by chance? I have an online event tomorrow we currently have webinar 100 but we may want to bump up to 500 if we have more than 100 attendees wanting to get into the webinar but we won’t know until we broadcast the webinar…therefore I need to know after broadcasting can I bump up the capacity to webinar 500 if we need the extra spots or does it have to be before the webinar is started? I can’t find this information anywhere and I have been looking for a week literally

Hi @queencitybulldogs,

If you’re still looking for confirmation on this, please reach out to our Support Team by submitting a request here. They’ll be best suited to help you with this particular question!

Thanks,
Will