Webinar attendee gallery view?

Is gallery view available for attendees watching a Zoom webinar? It seems gallery view is available to panelists, but attendees can only see the panelists in speaker view, not gallery view.

Is this a bug or by design?

Web SDK v1.9.0

Hey @jtupper ,

Make sure that all the panelists have their videos turned on. Also, as the meeting host, make sure you have chosen the Gallery View setting during the webinar:

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.28.20 PM

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

I had a response from a colleague of yours on email who said that this isn’t a supported feature:

Thank you for reaching out about this, and good question.

At this time, the Web SDK supports panelist gallery view, but the attendees will see the active panelist/webinar host rather than a gallery view.

We are working on bringing the experience of the Web SDK to have greater parity with that of the main Zoom client, and we expect this to be included in a future release. At the moment, however, this is expected behavior. Note that this is specific to webinars—participants in meetings should have access to Gallery View.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have additional questions. I’ll be happy to help.

Can you clarify, please?

Best,
Jon

@jtupper Thank you for sharing this piece of info.

Hi @jtupper,

Apologies for any confusion—I’m working on confirming this for you for certain! (CS-2999)

Thanks,
Will

I follow the discussion with interest. I have the same problem, I am waiting for the SDK update. Thank you

@jtupper @massimo1,

I’ve confirmed with our Engineering team that the Web SDK for webinars currently supports panelist gallery view, but the attendees will see the active panelist/webinar host rather than a gallery view. Attendees will be part of an upcoming release.

Thanks,
Will

OK, thank you so much for clarifying Will.

Of course, we would love to know when this is scheduled for. Would it be within the next few days, weeks or months?

Thanks,
Jon

Hi @jtupper,

I don’t have a solid timeline quite yet, but I expect it will likely be in one of our upcoming releases in the coming months. Please subscribe to our Changelog to keep up to date on our releases.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.