[Web SDK Client View v2.4.5] Gallery View is not triggered for Attendee when they join a Webinar

Description
We start a Webinar with multiple Panelists and the Gallery View option selected for the Attendees. When an Attendee joins from a Web SDK Client View, they are presented with the Speaker View. If the host makes adjustments to the settings after the Attendee has joined, then the view can be updated to Gallery for the Attendee.

Browser Console Error
No error messages.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
Web SDK Client View v2.4.5

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
We are using the CDN and Local apps from sample-app-web .

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Panelist 1 starts a Webinar with camera on, My View: Gallery, and Attendee View: Gallery
  2. Panelist 2 joins the Webinar with camera on
  3. Attendee 1 joins the Webinar from URL with Zoom’s official web client
  4. Attendee 2 joins via the Local app from sample-app-web

At this point, Attendee 1 correctly sees the Gallery View. However, Attendee 2 sees the Speaker View when it should be the Gallery View.

If Panelist 1 changes the view to Follow Host’s View and then back to Gallery View, then Attendee 2 will be switched to Gallery View.

If Attendee 2 rejoins, then they will see the Speaker View once again.

Device:

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Google Chrome
  • Browser Version 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (arm64)

Hello @donte.zoom,

Please forgive me for reaching out directly.

I am wondering if anyone would acknowledge this as an issue. It is the second time I have reported it and it’s failing to generate any response.

Can you share the adjustments the host makes to the setting after the Attendee has joined? It is my understanding that there isn’t a function to change the view that a user has for the Web SDK.

Yes, thank you for the reply.

As one example, the host shuffles “Attendee View” between “Follow Host’s View” and then back to “Gallery View”. The host is not using the Web SDK.

@velislav,

Thank for the additional details. That is expected behavior as there is no function to change the view that a user has for the Web SDK.

Sorry, maybe I don’t explain it right.

The problem is the the host has already set the view to be Gallery but when the attendee joins, they won’t see Gallery view. It’s only after the host fiddles with the settings again when the view of the attendee would change.

The issue is not that there is no function. The issue is that the default view of the attendee is wrong.

Is that expected behaviour?

Correct, that is expected behavior. Please see my previous forum post for more information on the topic here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.