Webinar audio video problem

On iOS SDK v4.3.1.47201.0322
When I join a webinar as an attendee, I can neither see panelist video nor hear his voice. Even when panelist unmutes me, NO audio exchange takes place.
In a normal meeting, only video works but audio does not work.

In Zoom iOS SDK v4.1.34076.1024
When I join a webinar as an attendee, I am not able to see the panelist video but audio works fine. I can hear his voice.
When panelist unmutes me, no panelist video is visible only audio exchange takes place .

I am using following settings before starting meeting/webinar:

settings.disableDriveMode(true)
        settings.proximityMonitoringDisable = true
        settings.disableCall(in: true)
        settings.setAutoConnectInternetAudio(true)
        settings.setMuteAudioWhenJoinMeeting(true)
        settings.setMuteVideoWhenJoinMeeting(true)

The issue seems to be iOS specific and not android.

I am using iOS 12.2 on iPhone 6s+ and using XCode 10.2 for development.

Kindly let me know if I’m missing any setting within code to make this work fine.

Hello Neha,

Thank you very much for the post and the details. Really appreciate it. Based on the code snippet, are you coding in Swift? Even though Swift has interoperability with Objective-C, however, our iOS SDK is designed and being tested for Objective-C, but not yet being tested with Swift. So the behavior of our SDK interfaces with Swift is not guaranteed.

In order to re-produce your issues and further investigate the scenarios, I would like to confirm the following info with you:

For iOS SDK v4.3.1.47201.0322:

• “When joining a webinar as an attendee, I can neither see panelist video nor hear his voice”
    Question: As an attendee, is your video & audio working?
  • “In a normal meeting, only video works but audio does not work”
    Question: is the video/audio here referring to the participant on the other side?

Could you also confirm the following info:

v4.1.34076.1024 v4.3.1.47021.0322
Panelist’s video not working not working
Panelist’s audio not working good
Panelist unmute attendee not working good
Normal meeting video ? good
Normal meeting audio ? not working

The v4.3.1.47201.0322 version has the log feature, would appreciate if you could provide some related log info that is related to the features you are mentioning.

We will look into this issue and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

While debugging the issue I observed that AVAudioSession category and mode seems to impact the zoom iOS SDK behaviour. Please find attached the webinar and normal meeting behaviour as per the AVAudioSession category and mode set:

I have enabled logs in my code but haven’t observed anything useful yet. Will update the post in case I find anything.

The only problematic case for me in the latest SDK is when panelist unmutes an attendee, then panelist video stops displaying, only panelist and attendee audio works.
The panelist video resumes back when attendee is muted back.

Kindly let me know if there’s anything I can change at my end to make all the scenarios work properly using latest SDK version.

Thanks for all the help!!!

Hi Neha,

Thank you very much for your detailed info! Really appreciate it! We are still investigating this issue and I will get back to you once I have any updates.

Thanks!

Hi Neha,

First of all, seems AVAudioSessoin setting is not effect the Video of panelist.
I have a try for your questions, I am set the same settings as you.

settings.disableDriveMode(true)
    settings.proximityMonitoringDisable = true
    settings.disableCall(in: true)
    settings.setAutoConnectInternetAudio(true)
    settings.setMuteAudioWhenJoinMeeting(true)
    settings.setMuteVideoWhenJoinMeeting(true)

After that, start the webinar meeting.
I use the another iphone to join the webinar meeting as an attendee.
The attendee can’t see panelist video and can’t hear the voice of panelist. This is normal phenomenon, because you set the meeting video and audio mute when join the webinar meeting. The panelist is also in mute status.
The second questions is “Even when panelist unmutes me, NO audio exchange takes place.”
In this case, do you mean, the panelist can hear the attendee voice, but attendee can’t hear the panelist voice? It’s normal phenomenon too :slight_smile: . Because the attendee be unmuted, but panelist not be unmuted. So, only panelist can hear the attendee voice.

If you still have questions about this, would you please kindly take a video capture for us. That’s very helpful for us to locate the problem.

Thanks a lot.