Webinar registrant status after cancelation

After receiving a webinar.registration_cancelled webhook call, when the registrant is retrieved using https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarregistrantget the status is shown as ‘all’ instead of ‘cancelled’. Does ‘all’ == ‘cancelled’?

When I search the specific webinar registrations for the particular email address, the registrant is “not found”, yet I can still retrieve the registrant information via the EP.

Something isn’t making sense. Am I looking at the wrong data somehow?

Hey @stevejohnson,

How are you or the registrant cancelling the registration? Via the API or Web Portal? Let me know so I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m not cancelling it on my end – I assume the registrant is cancelling through the link in the email although I’m not 100% certain of that.

If it makes any difference, the webinar is a recurring webinar with the option that people can register and attend any occurrence and the API request does NOT specify the occurrence_id, just the webinar ID.

Hey @stevejohnson,

Our engineering team is looking into this. (ZOOM-177205)

I will get back to you with updates. In the meantime, can you share the webinar uuid so we can accelerate the debugging process?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I have the similar issues listing the list of registrants who have cancelled their registration via the “cancel” link on the zoom registration email.

Webinar Id = 94776227362.
Total Registraints = 4
Approved Registraints = 3
Cancelled Registraints = 1.

I have tried following endpoints but receive the same response in all the endpoints listing all the approved registraints(#3) but not the cancelled registraints.

1. endPoint==https://api.zoom.us/v2//webinars/94776227362/registrants?status=cancel
    Response = 3 Registraints with “status”:"approved

2. endPoint==https://api.zoom.us/v2//webinars/94776227362/registrants?status=cancellled
    Response = 3 Registraints with “status”:"approved

Please advise how what is the value we should pass in the status parameter to list the registrants who have been cancelled.

Hey @arjun.bsci,

As you can see in the docs, there is no cancel status query param:

Feel free to add this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

In the meantime, you can use the Webinar Registrant Cancelled Webhook:

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes

Hey @arjun.bsci , @stevejohnson ,

We have confirmed this to be a bug on our end and are working on a fix.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @arjun.bsci , @stevejohnson ,

This will be fixed in a release this month. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tommy. how are y doing?

Could you tell if the problem was fixed?

thanks
Claudio

Hey @claudio.sousa,

We will be releasing an update to the API on 04/25. Please see our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Please test this on 4/26 and let us know if you are encountering the same issue.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @tommy @MaxM

I am experiencing a similar issue and I have not been able to figure out how to fix it… We are “dismissing” the registrant attendee from our 3rd part application which “unregisters” the attendee in Zoom via API, however, there is a communication from Zoom being triggered to the attendee stating that their meeting has been cancelled. Is there a way to turn OFF this communication? We have checked the meeting settings and everything seems to be turned off but this communication is still getting sent out… For this particular project our platform is handling all attendee communications so we do not want this Zoom cancellation email going out. This is for Zoom Meetings by the way…

Hey @mpinzon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Good question!

You can change this behavior in the User or Account Settings page in the Zoom Web Portal:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM

The issue we are experiencing is a little different because we are not cancelling the meeting itself, we are only “cancelling/unregistering” that one specific attendee. There is no action we are taking on the Zoom side, we are dismissing the attendee from our platform and when we do that, the cancellation communication is auto-sent to that one attendee we are dismissing.

Hey @mpinzon,

Thanks for clarifying, that’s my mistake for misunderstanding. Have you tried setting the registrants_email_notification property to false when using the Create a Meeting API?

This is the same as setting No Confirmation Email Sent to Registrants on the Email Settings tab of a meeting.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM ,

Is this issues resolved. I am still not getting users data who has done Cancel registration. In my case, user is doing cancel registration from page displayed after registration on Zoom.

I am using below End point API to fetch cancel registration data.

{{baseUrl}}/webinars/:webinarId/registrants?occurrence_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&status=cancel&page_size=30