WebRTC connection cannot be established if the zoom android SDK is initiated

Description
Hi Team,
We are having an interface where the user will be able to see the list of meetings for the day irrespective of meeting type for eg., Zoom Meeting , ABC or XYZ and so on.
We are trying to use a third party library where it has an android webview loading the meeting interface. The meeting interface is being loaded properly on the webview but the WebRTC connection is not established since it is blocking to show the camera video once the user grant the camera permission.

---- Observation
This behaviour is happening due to the the Zoom SDK initialisation happened once the screen loads where list of meetings are being shown. As per the observation the Zoom SDK contains mobilertc module which may be trying to block other WebRTC connection. We also tried not to initialise the Zoom SDK, there after the behaviour was same.

The reason for specifying the above observation because if the above integration is done in a separate android branch where it doesn’t contains the Zoom SDK , things are working fine as we expected the camera video is also being shown due to successful WebRTC connection.

Is there a way to handle the Zoom mobilertc module not to get initiated even if the Zoom SDK is not being initialised by us manually ? Or How can we proceed further with this ?

Which version?
v5.2.42043.1112

Screen Recordings
Please find the screen records for the issue when the zoom sdk is initiated and another video which doesn’t contain zoom SDK at all.

Hi @abhishekt, thanks for the post.

Am I understanding correctly that you are attempting to use the Web SDK to join the meeting, but are using the Android SDK to display scheduled meetings?

Thanks!

Hey @jon.zoom and @abhishekt

Is he sure that he is using version 1.8.3? If so that might be the problem.

Gabe
@PantherDeveloper

@jon.zoom We are using Zoom mobile SDK to join and start the zoom meetings. We are in parallel trying to integrate another third party library which is just a scheduled link which will be displayed on android webviews. So to be clear Zoom meeting and another one will work in parallel and they are no where connected. But also we are going to initialise zoom SDK to start/join zoom meetings only but not while navigating to another webview activity which displays other meeting type.

@PantherDeveloper Can I know which SDK version you are referring to ?

@jon.zoom @PantherDeveloper Kindly find the attached screen recordings along with the post for better understanding , where the camera video in the webview is not getting displayed on the another meeting library which we are using due to Zoom SDK mobilertc existence. The folder contains videos of two different APKs with and without zoom mobile SDK.(Naming conventions of the videos will be easier to find)

Hey @abhishekt

Maybe you can possibly include some screenshots so we can see what is going on. That would be very helpful.

Gabe
@PantherDeveloper

@PantherDeveloper kindly check the attached screen recordings updated in the post

Hey @abhishekt

I believe I see the problem. One more question. Are you using the most recent version of Zoom SDK for mobile?

Thanks,
Gabe
@PantherDeveloper

@PantherDeveloper we are using the previous version of Zoom SDK as I have specified the version which we are using it on the post. You mean to say that the SDK is having problem so we must upgrade to latest SDK to resolve this ?

Hey @abhishekt

Yes, I believe so. I may be wrong though. I have my updated version of Zoom SDK to the latest on mobile. I have no problems so you may need to. Tell me if this works.

Thanks,
Gabe
@PantherDeveloper

@PantherDeveloper have you overcome this issue before or got this issue resolved for you. Because its just 15days ago the release has been made and we have not yet upgraded to it.

Hey @abhishekt

No, the issue has not yet happened to me. As I am upgraded to the latest SDK of Zoom for Mobile. So yes, I believe that you may need to upgrade.

Gabe
@PantherDeveloper

@PantherDeveloper Ok I will update to the latest version meanwhile. Also I am waiting for @jon.zoom response to this that if the latest SDK has the issue fixes.

Hey @abhishekt

I hope this helps, if not then @jon.zoom May need to answer.

Gabe
@PantherDeveloper

@PantherDeveloper Thanks for spending your valuable time to provide some answers…Means a lot !
@jon.zoom kindly provide an update on this

@abhishekt Always glad to help!

Gabe
@PantherDeveloper

@PantherDeveloper @jon.zoom even after upgrading to latest version of Zoom SDK , the issue is same.

Hi @abhishekt, thanks for the clarification. And thanks again @PantherDeveloper for the help!

Based on the videos provided, the issue appears to be entirely contained to the behavior of WebRTC. Since the Zoom SDK is properly functioning, I would recommend seeking support directly for the WebRTC product.

If you do run into any issues with our SDK, we will certainly be more than happy to help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

@jon.zoom, but the other library on the android webview functioning properly and displaying the camera video when the project doesn’t have Zoom SDK modules imported.
The WebRTC is non functional even if the Zoom SDK is there in the project but not initialised. Even if in above cases if we directly run this link to test the WebRTC functioning or not, it doesnt function properly on the webview.