WebRTC minutes versus Fully Customizable SDK minutes

What exactly is a billed minute in Zoom’s fully customizable SDK

I currently use WebRTC (Vonage) to stream audio/video for my web product. Pricing is billed per subscriber minute. For example, if I have 2 people on the conference for 30 minutes this means person A is viewing person B and person B is viewing person A. This comes to a total of 60 subscriber minutes. If the conference was only 1 way, for example A views B only, then it would come to 30 subscriber minutes. If I had 3 people on the conference with everyone viewing everyone else, the subscriber minutes total for only 1 person will be 60 minutes. Then to get the total for the entire 30 minute session I need to multiply by the total number of participants, 3 in this case, to get 180 minutes.

What is zooms pricing plan in this regard? Do you have a concept of subscriber minutes? Or are the minutes flat. By flat I mean it doesn’t matter how many subscribers are viewing each other, it’s just the total time of the session that counts.

1 Like

Hey @sashang ,

Great question, we will be releasing more specific pricing info once the Fully Customizable SDK is self serve in March. Stay tuned here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/custom/introduction

Thanks,
Tommy

Dear tommy ,

we want to integrate/embed Zoom in our asp.net MVC application. Guide me how can download Fully Customizable SDK and how we can use it to open Zoom in Browser for video conferencing on call whenever we want and also share whiteboard and screen.
Please share also an example of source code in c# for integration of zoom with Fully Customizable SDK.

Regards

Aftab Hussain

Hey @aftab.hussain ,

Are you wanting to use the Zoom Client Web SDK, or the Fully Customizable SDK?

Here are the differences:

Here are helpful threads relating to using the Client Web SDK with C#:

https://devforum.zoom.us/search?q=asp.net%20C%23%20%23client-web-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy

you just share zoom Fully Customizable SDK with us.

Hey @aftab.hussain ,

If you are asking about the timeline for the Fully Customizable SDK, you can see my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

This has still not happened. The answer to this thread still remains unanswered everywhere I have looked. For at least an hour if not two. The part at the end of this thread’s original question, this part: “are the minutes flat. By flat I mean it doesn’t matter how many subscribers are viewing each other, it’s just the total time of the session that counts.”).

1 Like

Hey @multivirtuel ,

Have you seen our recently launched Video SDK billing page?

Thanks,
Tommy

We gave up waiting for zoom to release a webrtc API and switched our development to twilio. The signup procedure was straight-forward, and the documentation was clear. After using this for a few months, we decided to go back and look at whether zoom was available, but it wasn’t. Instead we switch to developing for the agora api, which again has a straight-forward signup and billing procedure. After using this for a few months, I decided to give zoom yet another chance since it’s supposedly avaiable. As far as I can tell, the documentation and signup procedure is a mangled mess of broken links and partial information. I tried logging in on our corporate account, but could not sign up for the API. Then I saw something suggesting that I logout and use a different work account. That also failed. Then I tried my independent ISV account, and that failed with another authentication error. Since I just burned an hour trying to sign up, it seems that the only option I have is to work on an implementation using the dolby.io API (which allowed me to sign up).

I understand that it’s not easy to build and launch an API - after all we are all developers here. I have frankly never seen a worse developer signup experience than zoom, and that’s saying a lot… You guys really need to get your developer story ironed out, because you are badly falling behind in this space.

1 Like

@tommy I have, thank you, but the answer to the question of what the minutes actually represent is not there.

Hey @zoomiacr ,

I am sorry to hear you are experincing issues with the Video SDK signup process. I am more than happy to walk you through it via a Zoom meeting if you wish. Please let me know and I will send you a meeting invite. :slight_smile:

Also, thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to have the Video SDK be very developer friendly and we will work on improving this process.

Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you to get the Video SDK in your hands.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @multivirtuel ,

I will have an answer for you shortly. Once I do, we will also make this more clear on the docs etc…

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @multivirtuel ,

Meeting minutes = session time x number of participants.

Example 1. If five (5) end users participate in a 10 minute meeting session through Customer’s application, then fifty (50) total Meeting Session Minutes will be used. Partial minutes used are rounded up.

Example 2. If there are 5 participants for a one hour meeting, it would be `60 minutes x 5 = 300 meeting minutes. So pricing for this (without the 10K free meeting minutes a month) would be 300 x $0.0035 = $1.05.

Does that clear things up? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy