Websdk 1.9.0 Video Share Issues

Description
A user’s video preview stays frozen with the last frame captured when a user stops sharing video. Also, a user’s video preview is often blank when they start sharing their video.

Error
We have noticed that when a user stops sharing their video in the new client websdk (1.9.0), the video preview is frozen on the last frame until the user switches views (i.e. goes into speaker view from gallery view or vice versa).

We have also noticed issues on websdk 1.9.0 where a user’s video preview remains blank after they have click on start video.

I have included screenshots for both.

Which Client Web SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior (frozen frame when stopping video share):

1. Join a meeting with the websdk (sample app)
  2. Share your video
  3. Stop sharing your video
  4. Notice that your share preview is stuck on the last frame captured by your camera
  5. Switch from gallery view to speaker view (or vice versa)
  6. Notice that your share preview should now be blank

Steps to reproduce (video preview does not start when you start sharing video)

1. Join a meeting with the websdk (sample app)
  2. Share your video
  3. Notice that sometimes your video preview does not come up even though your camera is capturing video (mine has a green light) AND the share video button on the bottom has changed to stop.

Screenshots

Notice that in this screenshot I have stopped my video share. The button on the bottom left says “Start Video”. Despite this, you can still see my frozen frame on the top video preview. I (and other users in the meeting) should not see a preview if I have stopped sharing my video.

Notice that in this screenshot I AM sharing my video. The button on the bottom left says “Stop Video”. Despite this, I do not see my preview. My Macbook’s camera is ON (I see a green light). Video should be transmitted and shown in a preview when a user shares their video.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: 88.0.4324.96

Additional context
This can all be reproduced in the sample app.

1 Like

Hey @psehgal,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I just have a couple of questions to get started:

1. Do you see any errors logged in the browser console when this happens?

2. Does this happen when you test with the Sample Web App?

3. Does this happen on all browsers or just Chrome?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

I don’t think I saw any errors in the console, but I will run this test again and check. Yes, all this testing was done in the Sample App. When we were testing this, most of us were using Chrome, but this issue might be happening on other browsers as well. I also saw it on Brave (which is basically Chrome).

Hey @psehgal ,

Let us know if you see any errors in the browser console. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I do not see any errors in the console. I see some warns, like

These seem to come up after I start sharing video and I switch between view (e.g. speaker to gallery or vice versa).

Hey @psehgal,

Thank you for providing additional information. I was able to reproduce this issue on my end as well and I’ve since reached out to our engineering team to see if they are able to provide a fix for this.

I’ll be sure to update you here when I have more information on the fix. (CS-3127)

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @psehgal ,

If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest Web Client SDK 1.9.5, here is a suggestion:

Applying for and enabling the WebCodecs origin trial will fix this issue (in Chrome 90 +).

More details can be found here regarding MediaStreamTrack | https://web.dev/mediastreamtrack-insertable-media-processing/

General details about registering for OT can be found here: Origin Trials Guide for Web Developers | OriginTrials

Thanks,
Tommy