Welcome to Zoom Apps SDK!

Zoom Apps allow you to bring your web applications front and center within Zoom Meetings and Webinars. They integrate seamlessly with Zoom using a lightweight and framework agnostic JavaScript SDK that enables you to provide a unique experience to participants and hosts of your meetings.

Getting started

How does it work?

Zoom Apps are web apps with added APIs and features from the Zoom desktop and mobile clients. Building Zoom Apps gives you the wide-ranging functionality of a web app and the ability to tailor the experience to match your app’s best in-meeting and post-meeting UX. Zoom Apps can be installed directly from the Zoom client or Zoom App Marketplace and will open your web app as a view embedded within the Zoom Client.

Using granularly scoped OAuth mechanisms and a lightweight JavaScript SDK, we can bring opportunities for new use cases and enhanced meeting experiences.

What can Zoom Apps do?

Your web app will display by default as a panel on the side of a meeting, but you can also change this view in various ways based on your app’s context. We can expand or pop out this view, fill the entire meeting space, and dynamically customize the experience for each user using features like Collaborate Mode or our Layers API.

Meeting Bots

Let your app interact with users and join the meeting as a helping hand with our new Meeting Bot feature powered by Zoom Apps and the Zoom Meeting SDK.

Collaborate Mode

Collaborate Mode shares a collaborative app and offers a frictionless method for everyone to join in on our favorite collaborative team tools.

Immersive Mode

Our Layers API enables a new immersive opportunity for apps using the HTML Canvas API and a powerful layering system.

Manage Breakout Rooms

Split the meeting into smaller sessions to enable a customized collaboration and networking flow using our Breakout Rooms API.

2 Likes

These links are prompting me for a password?
I am signed in.

1 Like

Hey @andy1 , thanks for flagging this, these were docs used for our beta program.

Docs are available here: Zoom Developer Docs

3 Likes

Can I restrict my Zoom App to only be allowed to be run by the meeting host or co-hosts? That is, the “ordinary” meeting participants do not see a button to open the App, only co-hosts/host.

Or will the App be visible to everyone in the meeting?

The use case is counting all attendees by a number in each participant’s name. Then the host/co-host can see that total sum within the meeting.

Hi everyone! I’m a CS student from the University of Amsterdam and currently we’re working on a zoom app that tries to bring more engagement to Zoom! We started on this project before ZoomApps was released, so our backend is written in python-flask. I’ve managed to setup the Oauth flow and I’m able to receive the AccessToken, RefreshToken and Deeplink. The only problem is that the html templates are not being shown or rendered in de Zoom-Client. I find it strange, because the client does make a request to our back-end and our back-end is capable of decoding the incoming X-Zoom-App-Context header. Maybe someone knows what the problem could be?

Hey Daniel! I love your app idea, I want to use it too when you have finished it. I had the same idea and I’m glad you have time to work on it instead if me.

If you publish the app, then anyone in the meeting will be able to install it. If you don’t publish the app, only those on your Zoom account will be able to install it with your direct landing URL. Depending on your account settings.

However if you are a host running the app, nobody in the meeting will know you’re using it unless you share the app or use sendAppInvitation to invite others to use it.

Hope that answers your question. Please feel free to make a new topic in this forum if you have more questions.

Thank you for answering. If I do not publish the app, and only the host and co-host installs it, will all participants still see the Active Apps notification in the meeting?

@daniel2, yes, Active App Notifier will display to all participants for any app running in a meeting, including private or public apps.

1 Like