What scope causes the "Calendars: May include access to calendar..." in the list of permissions?

What scope or features is triggering this message on the Marketplace page of our Zoom app?

Calendars
May include access to calendar of scheduled Zoom meetings and webinars, and related details about those meetings and webinars.

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. Great question, can you share which scopes you have enabled in your Zoom App? It is likely a meeting scope, but it is difficult to tell without seeing which scopes are enabled for your app.

Thanks for your response!

Scopes:

• marketplace_entitlement:read
  • zoomapp:inmeeting
  • zoomapp:inwebinar
  • user:read

Not seeing the same results on my end, can you share a screenshot of the exact error message and steps to reproduce it?

This is the screenshot of the marketplace page (I am not able to upload an image, so I am using Gyazo to host the file):

Any idea which permission is causing the message?

Hello,

at Upheal we are facing similar question from our customers - why May include access to calendar of scheduled Zoom meetings and webinars" is shown at the Marketplace app page (App Marketplace)

We do not use any calendar/scheduling-related data, and it’s not clear which scope triggers this.

Our scopes:

• meeting:read
  • meeting:write
  • recording:read
  • recording:write
  • user:read
  • zoomapp:inmeeting

@aymericg-ext looks like we share the last two, did you try removing them? Or other attempts to resolve this?

cc @donte.zoom your help is much appreciated, this is really important for building trust with our customers.

Thank you.

I’m with you, the message is misleading. The only thing that could trigger it is the meeting scopes. I’ll look into this internally and get back to you soon.

CC: @vojta_upheal @aymericg-ext

1 Like