When do start_url's expire for scheduled meetings?

Description
The docs state that the expire time for start_url’s is 2 hours, but it does not specify if that is from when the meeting is created or from when the meeting is scheduled to start. For scheduled meetings, it seemed weird to me that the start_url would expire before the meeting is scheduled (in the case that the meeting is scheduled more than 2 hours out).

This is the description:

The start_url of a meeting is a URL using which a host or an alternative host can start a meeting. The expiration time for the start_url field is two hours for all regular users.

For custCreate meeting hosts( i.e., users created using the custCreate option via the Create Users API), the expiration time of the start_url field is 90 days from the generation of the start_url .

Do start_urls expire 2 hours after creation or 2 hours after the meeting starts for regular users?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth app

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /users/{userId}/meetings

Hey @mark.sauerutley,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Good question! The start_url will expire 2 hours after the creation of the meeting. If it expires, you’ll want to retrieve the updated value for the start_url field by making a call to the Get a Meeting API.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you Max! That helps a lot.

Hey @mark.sauerutley,

I’m glad to hear that answered your question! If you have any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.