When i integrate zoom sdk my app size increased to 80mb

Hi,
I want to decrease my zoom integrated app size. There was already one question similar to my problem. In answer, you have said to limit CPU architecture so your app size can decrease. But I don’t know which CPU architecture my clients mobile will use. So is there any other way to decrease app size without limiting CPU architecture. I only want to integrate join meeting feature.

v4.4.57218.1211

1 Like

Hi swapnilvah,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Besides limiting the CPU architecture, currently there is no other way to reduce the package size. If making your app to be 64-bit only is feasible, you may delete the “armeabi-v7a” and “x86” in the package, which could reduce the size.

If we have any other way to reduce the size, I will let you know here.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

How can I delete the “armeabi-v7a” and “x86” in the package ?

Hi swapnilvah,

Thanks for the reply. You may do the following:

1. Unzip the mobilertc.aar file by using unzip mobilertc.aar -d temp(You may use any other extracting tool you prefer)
  2. Navigate to temp/jni, delete the folders “armeabi-v7a” and “x86”
  3. Go back to the directory that has mobilertc.aar, move or delete this file
  4. Then recompile the aar file: jar cvf mobilertc.aar -C temp/ .

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
I am unable to Unzip the mobilertc.aar for deleting x86 folder, I am using new Zoom SDK 5 ?

Thanks for the reply. Please see my reply in: Drastic increase in app size for iOS with new Zoom SDK

Thanks!

hi @carson.zoom
Can u please tell me how could I add abiFilters and what is to be added to reduce the Android app size?

Kindly mention the solution clearly and ASAP because am running out of time for the app release.

Hi @Balasubramanian, thanks for using the devforum.

Here is some documentation from Google that you may find useful for implementing ABI filters: https://developer.android.com/studio/build/configure-apk-splits#configure-abi-split

Thanks!

Hi,
where can I write this line of code unzip mobilertc.aar -d temp I tried the terminal in android studio and I tried cmd but it’s not working

Hi @huda.anwar94, thanks for the post.

You are not required to use that specific method of unzipping the file. You may use whichever tool you would like.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
I unzipped and deleted these files “armeabi-v7a” and “x86” but when I used this line jar cvf mobilertc.aar -C temp/ . to compile it says no such file so I used this line instead jar cvf mobilertc.aar -C jni/ . and it worked but when I opened my project and tried to run it, it didn’t work and it shows error on mobilertc file while building the project

1 Like

Hi @huda.anwar94,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error you are seeing?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom,
Thanks for your reply I found the problem and solved it

1 Like

Hi,
After Integrating Zoom SDK in another Project for Android my app is crashing in Signed Release Build APK.
I have even added Proguard Rules even though crashing.

1. First time added these Proguard (After adding this crashing in Signed Release Build APK)

-keep class us.zoom.** {* ;}
-keep class com.zipow.** {* ;}
-keep class us.zipow.** {* ;}
-keep class org.webrtc.** { * ; }
-keep class us.google.protobuf.** { * ; }
-keep class com.google.crypto.tink.** { * ;}
-keep class androidx.security.crypto.**{* ;}

2 .Second time added these Proguard (After adding this also crashing in Signed Release Build APK)

-keep class us.zoom.** { ; }
-keep class us.zipow.
* { ; }
-keep class com.zipow.
* { ; }
-keep class org.webrtc.
* { ; }
-dontwarn us.zoom.
-dontwarn com.zipow.**

Crash Reason:
2021-03-23 15:49:24.413 9593-9593/? E/ZMBuildConfig: parse build target failed. value=TARGET_ZOOM
java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: TARGET_ZOOM
at java.lang.Class.getField(Class.java:1604)
at z.b.d.n.(SourceFile:5)
at com.zipow.cmmlib.AppContext.(SourceFile:5)
at com.zipow.cmmlib.AppContext.e(SourceFile:1)
at z.b.b.z.m(SourceFile:17)
at f.g.a.e.i.m4(SourceFile:13)
at f.g.a.e.i$f.onClick(SourceFile:1)
at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:7158)
at android.view.View.performClickInternal(View.java:7135)
at android.view.View.access$3500(View.java:801)
at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:27373)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:883)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:235)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7441)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:492)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:936)

1 Like

Hi @Balasubramanian,

Sorry to hear you are running into this crash. Can you please confirm which version of the SDK you are using? Also, am I correct in understanding that this crash is only happening with the release APK and not the debug APK?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom
I have downloaded the latest SDK version by last week for Integration, but I don’t know how to check the downloaded SDK version if am right this would be version, v5.4.3.613.

In DEBUG build no issue connecting Zoom calls, but in Signed Release Build APK app crashing while entering Zoom Activity.

Zoom Activity → I have created an activity in that I have initialized the SDK. While pressing a button in my app I redirect to this Zoom Activity.

1 Like

Hi @Balasubramanian,

Thanks for the additional information. Since this is only happening on release builds, it is likely being caused by something in your build. Can you please provide the contents of your app’s build.gradle file so that I may help troubleshoot? Let me know if this contains any sensitive information that cannot be shared publicly here and we can find an alternative. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,
Can u please mention the alternate ideas for sending the build.gradle.
Also, I forgot to mention if am keeping minifyEnabled false in Signed Release Build APK app is not crashing.
Also can u pls send all the Proguard Rules which u have?

Hi @Balasubramanian,

I will message you directly so that you can privately share the file.

Also can u pls send all the Proguard Rules which u have?

The rules you previously posted seem to be correct, so we can continue troubleshooting through the gradle file.

Thanks!