When someone in chat raises hand have an alert tone or better notification of raised hand

This is for developer-specific feature requests. For other requests please contact our customer support team.

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
Sometimes in meetings when someone raises their hand it goes unnoticed because there is no audible sound or very good visual alert to host that says this happened.

Describe the solution you’d like
A more obvious way to alert host of raised hand can be noise or better pop up.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
A clear and concise description of any alternative solutions or features you’ve considered.

Additional context
Add any other context or screenshots about the feature request here.

7 Likes

Lets make this one happen.

AGREED!!! I never see it when they raise their hand and have so many screens open anyway so it’s so hard to see.

Multiple requests on our campus for better alerting for hand-raising!

I’d be glad to have this feature implemented.

It would also be cool to include a hand-raised queue, in the event that multiple people have questions, the moderator/host could simply answer questions in the order the hands we’re raised. This has the added benefit of being more fair and reducing any biases that might exist in the workplace.

This would be a great feature to add. We sometimes miss raised hands. If you’re not looking for it then it can easily be missed.

Random ideas/Thoughts…

• a Tone (this is okay but it only plays once and if it is missed then the raised hand might be missed) (maybe like a repeating call waiting tone) With this option it might be good to have it disabled by default and have an option in the menus to turn it on.
  • a blinking notification somewhere that is hard to miss
  • or even a popup where the user has two choices [OK] [Do not show again]
2 Likes

Is this feature happening ?

Just weighing in to +1 this request. We use hand raises so much, but they’re still easy to overlook. Would be good to have a couple different alert options, too. For very large meetings, something non-audible might help be not-too-distracting.

+1 on this! Please and thank you.

Any updates on this ? I so badly need this sound notification for a raised hand please !

+1 from me
not (necessarily) for the audible alert but for a more prominent visual alert - e.g. a dedicated window only featuring the users with raised hand and the choice between names only (with customizable font size) or video.

A blink option for the current indicator wouldn’t be bad either as dynamic visual clues attract attention better.