When will breakout room events become available?

I am seeing that there are some breakout room events in the internal docs that aren’t yet available. Any idea on when those will become available?

I am working in an education context and we will be holding classes in zoom and using the breakout rooms for discussions.

we want to be able to track when people enter and leave breakout rooms, as well as some general activity about engagement and interactions such as talk time, reactions, chats, etc.

Hi @RostislavR ,

I believe you have already figured this out based on your other post, but just in case, here is the docs for Zoom Apps breakout room usage: Zoom Developer Docs

Gianni

Hi Gianni,

Thanks for the reply. The other post was about understanding the ratelimits, this one is about some of the other breakout room api methods that I see in the internal api, such as participants entering or leaving a breakout room, and other similar events that the app would be able to see from the main room.

do you have any timeline on when those will be ready for public consumption?

These are the events I am referring to.

@RostislavR It looks like we do have some events for our breakout rooms that you can find in our Zoom Apps SDK reference here:

Is that what you’re looking for?

Hi @MaxM It’s hard to say at this point because I noticed that the sdk reference has changed. It’s now showing info for 0.16.4 and seems there are some inconsistencies with 0.16.3

And I don’t see anything in the changelog about what changes were released.

The events I am asking about are different though. I want to react / respond to participants entering or leaving breakout rooms.

0.16.4 does list some new events which werent there previously along with what looks like some typos.

What typos do you notice? We should have a changelog out for 16.4 later today.

well if you look there you have

breakoutRoomsOpened and breakoutRoomClosed two times and then just below a note that they are deprecated.

Ah yes that is confusing. This is because at one point the client returned the joined string breakoutRoomOpened | breakoutRoomClosed instead of two separate event strings. This was later fixed in client version 5.11.0, which is what the table below is trying to communicate

client	<=0.14 SDK	>=0.16 SDK
< 5.11.0	breakoutRoomOpened | breakoutRoomClosed	breakoutRoomOpened | breakoutRoomClosed
>= 5.11.0	breakoutRoomOpened | breakoutRoomClosed	breakoutRoomOpened, or breakoutRoomClosed