Which browsers are used in the Zoom Client and what are the oldest versions that are supported? I’d like to make sure we are using a polyfill that covers all the Zoom App browsers.
For example, I understand on Mac it uses WKWebView, which is based on Safari. What is the oldest OS / Safari version that Zoom Apps supports?
Even better, do you have the
browserslist configuration for supporting Zoom Apps browsers?
Hi I just wanted you to know we are working on a good answer to this. The reason it’s complicated is we use 3 embedded browsers.
On Windows we use:
- WebView2 if it’s installed by the OS
- CEF if it’s not available
On Mac we use:
Each of these browsers has a different set of features.
- WebView2 is basically equivalent to the version of Edge installed by Windows Update. So it depends on the user’s OS version number.
- CEF is updated by us, is basically equivalent to Chrome and is currently around 101, but we’re looking into if someone hasn’t updated Zoom what is the minimum CEF version.
- WKWebView is basically equivalent to the version of Safari installed by Apple Software Update. So that should be minimum version Safari 10.1.2 [edit: because WKWebView starts support at MacOS 10.10]
I hope this gets you an interim answer while we do some research. Thank you.