Why does the Zoom Video SDK contain the large App size?

Hey there,

I want to ask one query regarding the size of the zoom video application.

Why does the Zoom Video SDK contain the large size APK/IPA ?
As far as I am concerned, usually Mobile applications such as Android, iOS, etc… have small size apps to allow fast installation process. Based on statistics, The smaller the app the better the install rate. We want to keep our APK/IPA size small. Furthermore, it uses less space on the devices.

If there is another way to integrate it, then please suggest us.

Looking forward to your response.
Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

As you mentioned, it’s true that mobile applications are typically designed to be as small as possible to ensure fast installation and optimal user experience.

However, there are various factors that can affect the size of an application, including the features and functionality it offers. In the case of the Zoom Video SDK, it’s designed to provide a comprehensive set of features and capabilities for video conferencing and collaboration, which can result in a larger application size.

That being said, it’s certainly possible that there may be alternative ways to integrate the SDK that could help reduce the overall size of the application. I would recommend reaching out to the Zoom development team or exploring the SDK documentation for further guidance on this…

Hey @fitboyawesome
Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, you are right, we need that kind of documentation which help us to provide necessary of files from the Video SDK.