Windows SDK screen sharing error 105035 on an embedded system

On a specific embedded system and win10 version (details below) trying to activate screen sharing in the demo app that comes with the windows sdk generates error 105035.
After the app is started sdk authentication, log in with username and password and conference start work perfectly, the conference is ok but when you try to use screen sharing after you have selected the screen and pus the Sharing button you get a dialog box with message “screen sharing has failed to start. Please try again later. Error Code: 105035”
Example screenshot:

Operating system version is Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB v. 1607 build 14393.2608

The board used in the embedded system is an IBase IB898 (Intel® Atom® E3825/E3815 SoC 3.5-inch Disk Size SBC - IB898)

I have made tests with both sdk versions v5.2.41727.0928 and v5.5.12511.0422
The binary files that come with the sdk have not been modified in any way (no files have been re-signed)
The problem happens only with the sdk, in the same system using the normal zoom client that you download from the website screen sharing works ok.
Moreover the problem happens only in this particular system with this os version, normal desktop and portables with the standard win10 retail versions do not have the problem.

Hey @smlznnl,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Can you try the latest version available on the Zoom Marketplace?

Thanks!
Michael

I have downloaded sdk version 5.7.1.644 and built the demo app but still it gives error 105035 when trying screen sharing.

Hey @smlznnl,

Are you resigning the DLL’s? Do you have any Microsoft DLL’s in the same folder as the SDK DLL’s?

Thanks!
Michael

The dlls are not resigned.
No binary file from the sdk is modified in any way.
I just build the sdk_demo_v2.exe and put it in the bin folder extracted from the sdk .zip and run it from there.
And that is the only file added to the bin folder, so no dlls from Microsoft.

Hey @smlznnl,

Strange. What machine are you running this on? Is it possible to test this on another machine?

Thanks!
Michael

It is an embedded system where the motherboard is an IBase IB898 (seee the link in the first post) and the os is Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB x64 v. 1607 build 14393.2608 (not the retail one).

On other systems whith the same operating system and motherboard the error remains.
On all other computers and laptops with the normal retail version of windows 10 everything works perfectly

One thing i have found is that while the sdk gives error 105035, the standard zoom client on the same embeeded system does not and screen sharing with it works.

Hey @smlznnl,

I see, thank you! Can you reproduce the error once more and then obtain some SDK logs for us? Please email them to me at DeveloperSupport@zoom.us and mention this post and my name in the email.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @smlznnl,

Can you try following the instructions listed in point 2 here:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog#publications/windows-sdk-updates-12-29-20

Thanks!
Michael

I did the test.
First i copied the files from the same computer and it didn’t work.
Then i copied the files from another computer where screen sharing has no problems and with those files i managed to start screen sharing without error.

So i can confirm that by copying the files from a computer where everything works solves the problem.

Hey @smlznnl,

Awesome! I am super happy to hear :slight_smile:

Please let us know if there are any other issues.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.