Wordpress and Zoom App

Description
We would like to have the ability to pass our user name from our site to Zoom

Error
Current Behavior:

• If user is connected to our site and click URL to access the link, we send the First and Last Name. If he have no zoom account, the First and Last from our site is displayed
  • If user is connected to our site and click URLto access the event, we send the First and Last Name. If he have a zoom account, his Zoom profile name is displayed (ex: Joe or Joe Ipad or Iphone etc…). Which screw up our reports :slight_smile:

Expected behavior: In both cases, we would like to have the First and Last of our site to the displayed when accessing a class from our site through the Zoom Web or Zoom App

Hi,

Please could you clarify the structure of your set up? How are you currently integrated with Zoom? Are you using a Wordpress Plugin, or have you written some custom scripts using the Web SDK?

The best way to ensure a personalised experience is to use the Zoom API, and create a custom join link, with your preferred name and then send this link to the attendee, or display a join button for them.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex

We are using a plugin, from the generated meeting invite, we add the zoom app URL to a button and in the configuration its set to send the first and last name. It works unless the user have a zoom account and he is logged in.

Could you provide more details about this zoom API approach? Is there plugins that exist using this approach? If not, any tutorial?

Thank you!
Ramy

Hey Ramy,

This is working as intended, you will not be able to change the name of the participant if they are logged into their Zoom account, that is just how Zoom is set up to work unfortunately.

However, you could potentially write your own application using the Zoom Web SDK: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web

This would allow you to launch Zoom directly within your Wordpress site, and have full control over the participant’s name.

Thanks!
Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for getting back that quick!

Yes that’s what we are doing, however we are facing couple of issues:

• Audio issue from mobile
  • Browsers issue

From what I read in the forum, it’s a known issue right?

Thanks!
Ramy

Yes, I think you’re referring to the issue with Audio in Safari (on Desktop and Mobile/Tablet). Unfortunately Safari doesn’t support the Audio interfaces which Zoom uses just yet, however you can expect it within the next few months.

Thanks,
Alex

That’s correct! I even tested it on Android chrome and it’s not working, I speak but can’t hear on the other side.

More testing to happen today!

1 Like

Is the limitation with Safari recent and it was working before or it’s a long time issue? How can we know that in few months we will have a fix?

If I understand correctly, all users that are on iOS (desktop and mobile) can’t join Zoom via web, right?

The limitation with Safari has always been around. Unfortunately the issue lies with Safari, and not with Zoom.

Users on macOS are able to join Zoom via web, if they use a compatible browser such as Chrome or Firefox, however it will not work with Safari on macOS, iOS or iPadOS.

I’m pretty confident that it will be fixed in the next few months, since the required features are already being added to the beta versions of Safari, and currently Safari is the only browser (along with old IE) which doesnt support the AudioWorklet API which Zoom requires. As soon as the new version of Safari is released to the public, Zoom will work to make it compatible with the WebSDK.

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

Hey @rezzedine,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I can confirm the information provided by @alexmayo is, as usual, correct! Please see our browser support table for more detail.

If you use SSO to authenticate your users for Zoom, you can reliably use the first name and last name set via SSO. I’m not sure if this would work for your use case.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Thank you @MaxM and @alexmayo !

We will find a way to make it work :slight_smile: is there a known issue with the audio and video being slow?

If we want to know what operating system and browser our participants mostly uses, is there a report with zoom we could leverage?

Thank you!
Ramy

Hey @rezzedine,

I’m happy to help! Currently, there is a limitation on iOS browsers due to the platform lacking the AudioWorklet API. We plan to improve this ASAP once iOS adds the missing API.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a public report on the most used browsers or OS. You can use 3rd party statistics though and that should reflect similar usage.

Thanks,
Max

Hi,

Is there a way to generate a report from zoom that include the participant ip? We are trying to run a report that can map to our user in wordpress.

Thanks!

Hey @rezzedine,

Try using the ip_address property of the Get Meeting Participant QoS Dashboard API:

You can set the type parameter to live for live meetings or past for past meetings.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.