Would like an alternative host to click on meeting link without having to enter username and password

Hi i would like my alternative host to be able to click on a meeting link without having to enter username and password.
One way i was thinking to get around it was the user register to the meeting. my app with rest API listens to meeting and when user logs on and the listener makes user co-host. however doesn’t seem the case that co-host can be made via rest API.
any alternatives?

Hey @rabbit2345

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

those threads did not solve my problem. can a developer get back to me? Thanks.

Hi @rabbit2345,

At the moment, the only way for an alternative host flow to work like this is if the alternative host is logged into Zoom with the same email that is listed as the alternative host, and then joins / starts the meeting.

That said, I can definitely appreciate your use case here, and it’s a great suggestion to have more options here. If you’re so inclined, I’d also encourage you to submit this as a feature request in this channel: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.