X-zoom-app-context is empty when accessing app on some devices

I was asking how the app is refreshed because it sounds like you can refresh the app from the developer console instead of from the Zoom Client. In this case, a different code path is followed so I’m wondering if you see different behavior.

The issue exists when refreshing from the developer console as well as from the Zoom Client

That’s interesting. Are you seeing this when logged in under a VPN or another network configuration? Or, are you seeing this on a variety of networks.

Yes, we’ve tested this quite a bit and this has been observed on a variety of networks, not just any specific one

Thanks for confirming. I’ve involved a member of our engineering team and am looking for troubleshooting steps that we can take. I’ll be sure to keep you posted.

Thank you for the updates :raised_hands:

Hi @MaxM just noticed a pattern to this issue and thought I should let you know. Could this issue be specific to the embedded browser version? Because I’ve noticed that all the devices that this issue was occurring on, the embedded browser was always WebView2 for windows and the same app works fine on windows devices with CEF

Our team clarified that the context header is only expected to be shown the first time that you load the home page from the Zoom Client.

It won’t show up in these cases:

• document.location.href changes
  • right click dev inspector and choose refresh
  • navigate back to the home URL
  • home URL is not an exact match of the home url in the buildflow

I would try using the getAppContext() function to make sure that you receive it in all cases.

Let me know if that helps.