Zoom API Invalid Access Token Behavior Change

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)

• /v2/contact_center/users

Description
Starting July 19, 2024, we have noticed a change in the way this endpoint responds when an invalid token (i.e. expired) is used. Our Zoom Contact Center API client is written to expect an HTTP status code of 400 and a response body like:

{"code": 124}

However, since July 19th, when an invalid token (i.e. expired) is used, this endpoint responds with an HTTP status code of 401 and a response body of:

{"status": false, "errorCode": 401}

This change in behavior is really 3 different changes:

1. Different HTTP status code (401 instead of 400)
  2. Different response body error code (401 instead of 124)
  3. Different attribute inside the response body (errorCode instead of code)

I searched this forum, I checked the Zoom developers docs, API references, and changelogs, but I could not find any mention anywhere of these changes. Considering Zoom has been providing warnings about certain Contact Center endpoints being deprecated (developers(dot)zoom(dot)us/docs/api/rest/contact-center-api/endpoint-deprecation-faq) for months and months, I would like to believe they would have also provided sufficient warning about this change.

My questions are:

1. Is this change in behavior, described above, expected?
  2. If so, why was this change not communicated in advance?
  3. If this change is unexpected, is it being changed back, or should we update our Zoom API client to handle this new behavior?

Hi @reese
Thanks for reaching out to us and for bringing this to our attention.
Allow me to do some internal research on this issue and will get back to your with my findings.
Cheers,
Elisa

To update this thread, I am currently looking into this!