Zoom API Update - June 14? Basic User Strict Limit

Description
From Release notes for Web - Zoom Support and under “Developer Features” there’s this:

Added a strict limit for number of basic users in an account. An account can only have a maximum of 9999 users including pending users.

Is this a real thing and how does it affect those of us who already had limits in place that are higher? I’m just trying to figure out if I need to panic, because I can’t just delete student data when they take a semester off…

Hi @Jonathan_Champ, you definitely don’t need to panic, but sorry for the confusion here.

This checks whether a basic user can be added to an account. It’s not intended to revert user counts back to 9,999. For some context, this is to block an account from abusing user creation. Individual account settings will always be honored, and we never revert a specific account setting unless directly communicated.

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

@michael.zoom I still have questions: for instance, we are ISV Partners and depends on creating thousands of custCreate users… some of them stay at Basic and upgrade to Licensed whenever needed. It was informed to us that we could even migrate all hole user base (15million users) to Zoom as custCreate and then upgrade to Licensed when needed. Will this affect us? With no upfront warning?

Thanks!

@sympla - Direct messaging for account info.