Zoom API / Zoom Rooms API - missing functionality

Hi @wrdev - I can share a few notes that may help clarify things.

This is an updated link to the Zoom Rooms “PATCH Use Zoom Room controls” API that provides functionality relatively equivalent to the deprecated JWT Zoom Rooms APIs: Zoom Rooms API

Please note that unlike the JWT Zoom Rooms APIs, the PATCH Use Zoom Room controls API will always respond with “202 Accepted” (I see you mentioned this, I repeat it merely for others that may find this forum post in the future).

Between the date the link was initially added to the JWT page and now, we had some reorganization of APIs, and I apologize for the fact that the re-org broke the link from the JWT page.

Here’s a table that compares the “JWT Zoom Rooms API” and the “PATCH Use Zoom Room Controls” API (the column for PATCH lists the method value to use in the request object):

JWT ZR API PATCH ZR Controls API
Restart zoomroom.restart
List No equivalent function [1]
Leave zoomroom.meeting_leave
Join a meeting zoomroom.meeting_join
Invite zoomroom.meeting_invite
Schedule zoomroom.meeting_schedule [2]
Cancel zoomroom.meeting_cancel
End zoomroom.meeting_end

Note [1]: The “PATCH Use Zoom Room controls” API does not have a direct equivalent to “List.” But, instead, you can use the Zoom Meetings API “GET List meetings” and supply the Zoom Rooms ID as the userId to get the list: Zoom Meeting API

Note [2]: The “zoomroom.meeting_schedule” method does not provide the “callback_url” feature of the JWT Zoom Rooms API “Schedule.” Instead, you can use the Zoom Meetings API “GET List meetings” as mentioned in the previous note. When using the “GET List meetings” API you can set query-string parameters to reduce the results to a manageable set, then iterate over the returned results and match on the topic string and/or duration to find the desired meeting.

2 Likes