Zoom App for Salesforce - Questions regarding webinar part of the app

Hello!

We are testing the Zoom App for Salesforce
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N30000000qEuqEAE
and have some questions regarding the functionality related to the webinar part:

1. What is the best way to create a new webinar?
If I create a webinar in Salesforce first, only some settings are available on the “zoom_app__Zoom_Webinar__c” object, such as “Allow Multiple Devices”, “Host Video On”. There is no possibility for example to adjust email settings. Are further settings planned? Or each webinar needs to be adjusted in Zoom too?

2. Are reccuring webinars supported in the sync job Zoom → Salesforce?

3. For how long webinar data are saved in Zoom?
If the webinar will be removed from the webinar list in Zoom after a certain amount of time, does the sync job (Zoom → Salesforce) remove the data in Salesforce too, or the data stay as they are?

1. If a registrant record is created in Salesforce, it will be automatically matched to the Contact in the “zoom_app__Zoom_Webinar_History__c” object. What are the criteria for matching, just an email of the contact?

Many thanks for your answer in advance!

Katarzyna

Hi @Katarzyna,

Thank you for reaching out about this, and happy to help clarify.

1. What is the best way to create a new webinar?
If I create a webinar in Salesforce first, only some settings are available on the “zoom_app__Zoom_Webinar__c” object, such as “Allow Multiple Devices”, “Host Video On”. There is no possibility for example to adjust email settings. Are further settings planned? Or each webinar needs to be adjusted in Zoom too?

This is currently expected—not all of the full functionality/settings are available in SF yet—you may need to adjust some of these in Zoom instead.

2. Are reccuring webinars supported in the sync job Zoom → Salesforce?

Yes, I believe these should be supported.

3. For how long webinar data are saved in Zoom?
If the webinar will be removed from the webinar list in Zoom after a certain amount of time, does the sync job (Zoom → Salesforce) remove the data in Salesforce too, or the data stay as they are?

Zoom Webinars will be valid/accessible for at least 30 days after the last scheduled occurrence. Reports should allow you to retrieve data from within the last 6 months. I believe the same should be reflected in Salesforce.

1. If a registrant record is created in Salesforce, it will be automatically matched to the Contact in the “zoom_app__Zoom_Webinar_History__c” object. What are the criteria for matching , just an email of the contact?

This should be based off of the email/ID of the registrant.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.