Zoom App Timeout for Config - is there a timeout?

Zoom Apps Configuration
Ruby on Rails / JS

Description
I am working on a Zoom app and I noticed in the “Advance Zoom Apps Sample” reference app there is a comment that says “to account for the 2 hour timeout for config” (zoomapps-advancedsample-react/App.js at 96fabc783df46df53bed78b624b46fd9fa1c9f5e · zoom/zoomapps-advancedsample-react · GitHub). I have opened my app in a meeting and left it open for well over two hours to test the time out and it seems all the functionality I’m using with the ZoomSDK continues working. I haven’t added any code to handle a timeout, I am still able to call the zoomSDK api methods ‘getMeetingParticipants’, ‘getMeetingContext’, ‘createBreakoutRooms’ and ‘assignParticipantToBreakoutRoom’.

I am trying to figure out if there is a time out that I actually need to handle? From what I can tell everything seems to work as expected (I just don’t want to not be handling something I need to and then have it break in a real meeting).

Thank you,

Elena

Adding a comment to attempt to bump this question and see if there is actually a Zoom timeout? I didn’t experience any issues with my app after the two hour period, but after seeing the comment in the sample app I was concerned and wanted to double check I’m not missing something.

Looking into this further, I’m seeing something in the ‘config’ method it says the timeout used there is for api calls with a default of 10000ms (ConfigOptions | @zoom/appssdk - v0.16.12), I’m assuming this is different from the timeout referenced in the “Advanced Zoom Apps Sample” reference app, noting that it’s account for a 2 hour config timeout (zoomapps-advancedsample-react/frontend/src/App.js at 96fabc783df46df53bed78b624b46fd9fa1c9f5e · zoom/zoomapps-advancedsample-react · GitHub) I am unable to find any further information about this 2 hour timeout and was wondering if anyone at Zoom has any additional info on this timeout. Thank you for any help you can offer. @MaxM @michael.zoom I’m not sure if either of you have any insight into more info on the timeout, you’ve provided super helpful info on questions I’ve had in the past and was hoping one of you might know more about what the sample app is referencing.

@elenab My apologies for the delay here. That timeout refers to a legacy timeout that existed when the Advanced Sample App was first written. It isn’t something you would need to consider with the latest version of the Zoom Apps JS SDK.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much @MaxM that is super helpful!