Zoom crshes/stops working after few mins in the call after the update to iOS 14 on iphone XR

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your patience and contributions to resolving this issue. We have a new version of the iOS SDK, that should address the screen sharing issues on iOS 14. The new SDK can be found here: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/releases/tag/v5.2.41735.0928.

The changes to broadcasting in this version will require some updates:

There are new libraries that will need to be linked to your extension.
In addition to ReplayKit and MobileRTCScreenShare, please add the following frameworks to your broadcast extension target:

• CoreGraphics
  • CoreMedia
  • CoreVideo
  • VideoToolbox

These additional frameworks will be used to provide a better experience to users when broadcasting.

If you are using Swift in your broadcasting target:
Please add ā€œ-lc++ā€ to your targetā€™s build settings under ā€œOther linker flagsā€

If you are using Objective-C in your broadcasting target:
Please change the RPBroadcastSampleHandler file extension from ā€œ.mā€ to ā€œ.mmā€. (This file is likely called SampleHandler)
Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 10.30.19 PM

You should not have to update anything else related to sharing.

If you run into errors mentioning ā€œstd::ā€, make sure you have followed the steps above for your relative language.

Please let us know here or at developersupport@zoom.us if you experience any issues when updating to the new framework versions.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello everyone,

The team has identified the crash within the latest version of the SDK v5.2.41735.0928. Effected users would observe a crash or hanging loading indicator upon entering a meeting. The crash will be resolved in the next version. In the meantime, you can resolve this crash by setting an AppGroupID in the SDKInitContext.

Objective-C:

// If you have a valid appGroupID provide it here, otherwise you may set this to be a blank string. 
context.appGroupId = @"";

Swift:

// If you have a valid appGroupID provide it here, otherwise you may set this to be a blank string. 
 context.appGroupId = ""

The gettingStarted repo has been updated to reflect this change:

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know here or at developersupport@zoom.us.
Thanks!
Michael

2 Likes

My IPad continues to crash during the gaming class Iā€™m teaching to 4th through 6th graders. As of December 2nd.

Iā€™m worried that I will lose my job because we went virtual this year & I rely on Zoom for work. :confused:

It keeps saying ā€œlost network connectionā€ even though Iā€™m able to do Google search.

Iā€™m using the IPad Pro, 1st generation.
I was teaching this evening, December 2nd, 2020, it still hasnā€™t been corrected.

Please, please respond.

Hey @wayong,

Thank you for using the dev forum.

I am sorry your iPad is crashing during your class. Are you a developer using the Zoom SDK for your iOS application? Or are you using the Zoom application from the app store?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello,

I am having the same issue as everyone else. When I am on a zoom call on my windows computer but try to share my ipad screen, after a while zoom randomly pauses my ipad screen sharing and I am unable to share my ipad screen unless I stop sharing and try sharing again. It is REALLY frustrating! I want to address ASAP! I need it to teach my classes.

Hey @ckenny,

Thank you for using the dev forum.

I understand the iPad crashes must be very frustrating. However, this forum is only for developer support. You should reach out to https://support.zoom.us/, and they should be able to assist you :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

We are in the year 2021 and almost going to be 1 year when this bug was deducted. A similar thing is happening on Windows 10 as well. It is so annoying and there is no support from Microsoft or Zoom. Entire google search is filled with this question: Microphone crashing after 5 minutes on zoom call on windows 10

Did anyone have a solution to this? I tried reinstalling the drivers.

Hey @DB2021,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you using the SDK or the Zoom Applications?

Thanks,
Michael

I am using Zoom client only on windows 10.

Thanks
Deepak

Hey @DB2021,

Gotcha. Unfortunately this forum is for Zoom SDK questions only. Please visit https://support.zoom.us/ instead.

Thanks!
Michael

Ohk,
I thought any issue related to Zoom is the point of discussion and carefully looked it up to avoid bad marketing. I thought you guys can provide some possible solutions to resolve but thatā€™s fine if that is how it works.

Thanks
Deepak

Hey @DB2021,

I understand that this is frustrating. However, we have to keep this forum isolated to SDK issues, as this is the only place for SDK-related issues.

Thanks!
Michael