Zoom deauthorization webhook notification is not being sent

Description
The zoom deauthorization webhook notification is not being sent when I uninstall the production version of an app which hasn’t been submitted for approval yet.

I can confirm there’s also no activity when testing by setting the notification URL to point to my own publically accessible webservers.

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.
The reauthorization webhook is not sent when I uninstall the production version of the app.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.
docs/guides/auth/deauthorization

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
    Install a test app with production credentials via the publishable URL for app ndIt28TUQa6XpB8HFWsW6g

Notification endpoint URL is set to https://hookb.in/zroxQJ3ZBeHykkGKwlwm

1. See error
    Hookbin (a website for testing webhooks) shows no activity: https://hookbin.com/zroxQJ3ZBeHykkGKwlwm

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

I can reproduce this issue with the real app we are developing as well as with a test application. Both applications haven’t been submitted for approval yet since we need to implement the deauthorization flow in order to get approved.

Hey @hsiung,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you ensure that you’re installing the production instance of the app using the Publishable URL? If you are, also please double check that your Publishable URL is up to date. You can regenerate this by clicking the regenerate button under the Submit tab of your app:

Once you’ve regenerated the URL, please try installing and uninstalling the app again.

Let me know if you still have trouble after following these steps.

Thanks!
Will

Thanks @will.zoom it is working now after I clicked on “Regenerate”. However, I don’t think the Publishable URL I used to install the app changed since I see the same URL in my browser history. Does tapping on “Regenerate” change something on the backend for Zoom? It is my first time tapping on it.

Hey @hsiung,

Thanks for clarifying, and glad to hear it’s working now. To clarify, the Publishable URL will need to be regenerated each time you update any fields in your app, such as deauthorization endpoint, redirect URL etc., to ensure the Publishable URL is reflecting the most up to date version of your app.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.