Zoom firefox (89.0.2 (64-bit)) crash

Description
when calling ZoomMtg.init im getting the exception and the page crashes
Error
Unhandled Rejection (TypeError): ‘microphone’ (value of ‘name’ member of PermissionDescriptor) is not a valid value for enumeration PermissionName.

Which Web Client SDK version?

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: firefox
  • (89.0.2 (64-bit))

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @dfamr,

Thanks for reaching out about this—can you confirm that both your machine/OS and your browser have granted permission for the Web SDK to access your audio/mic?

if you mean the pop up that ask permission to access the camera/mic the crash happen before the pop up appears.
if there is other way of granting access (via code reactjs or something) i’ll appreciate posting it

Hey @dfamr,

Thanks for confirming. Can you show how you are calling ZoomMtg.init? Are you disabling the preview?

Thanks,
Max

no ive not, this is cause by a exception rise in the call to

navigator.permissions.query({ name: 'camera' })
// TypeError: 'name' member of PermissionDescriptor 'camera' is not a valid value for enumeration PermissionName.
navigator.permissions.query({ name: 'microphone' })

Hey @dfamr,

Thanks for confirming, this looks like something I’ve reported before but I’m still looking for that issue. Just to confirm, does this only happen in Firefox?

Thanks,
Max

Yes. Do you expect to fix this soon

Hey @dfamr,

Thanks for confirming. I’ve followed up with our team to get a status update. I’ll let you know what I hear.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.