mediaCapturePermission doesn’t work in Zoom web app (reopen)

Description
Based on the Zoom SDK App Requirements , we implemented a bot that sends a recording request to the host using the mediaCapturePermission API.
When using the native app to join a meeting as a host, a modal to request a recording is displayed, but not when using the web app to join a meeting as a host.
I have two questions;

• Any plans to fix this problem? Or is there a workaround?
  • Is it possible that one day our Zoom Bot will not be able to join a meeting or start recording due to Zoom SDK App Requirements without this issue being resolved?

Browser Console Error
not support grant local record permissin

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
The meeting.html of our meeting bot is based almost entirely on this code.
meetingsdk-web-sample/CDN/meeting.html at 781ee2756acc855cb371eea77679eb2a1c372f93 · zoom/meetingsdk-web-sample (github.com)

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. use the Zoom Web SDK 2.17.0 to build a bot
  2. Requesting recording permission works when the host is joining from the Zoom Desktop Client (they have the Zoom program installed on their computer)
  3. Requesting recording permission does not work when the host is joining from the Zoom Web Client (they are joining the meeting through their web browser)

Screenshots

Troubleshooting Routes

Device (please complete the following information):

• Meeting SDK for Web (which the bot uses): 2.15.2
  • OS (which the bot uses): Ubuntu 22.04

Additional context
here is past topic but closed in one month. so i created topic again.
mediaCapturePermission doesn’t work in Zoom web app - Meeting SDK / Web - Zoom Developer Forum
In the past topic, I discussed with @amanda-recallai @chunsiong.zoom
(sorry for not response for long time :pray: )

@kanata.koyama Hope, you will be fine.

Please first upgrade the WebSDK to latest version.

1 Like

The host is joined from Zoom WebClient & bot is requesting using Component View

SDK Version : @zoomus/websdk”: “^2.18.2”

client.mediaCapture(1)

1 Like

SDK Version : @zoomus/websdk”: “^2.18.2”

thanks! let me check :pray:

@kanata.koyama,

Correct, please update and let us know if there is anything we can help with on this topic!

1 Like

@donte.zoom @freelancer.nak
I upgraded the Meeting SDK for Web version to 3.0.0 and confirmed the same problem. :thinking:

here is screenshot

I have one request, would you please let us communicate with each other in a private chat? :pray:

I can confirm that mediaCapturePermission API, when being used by a participant, works only if host is using th desktop app. If host joins from the web, API errors with the following message:
not support grant local record permissin.

I am using Web SDK version 2.18.2

1 Like

excuse me, one more thing,
I am aware that Zoom support (maybe @chunsiong.zoom?) has previously promised in correspondence with other members of our company to wait for us to follow the Zoom SDK App Requirements until the above bug is fixed.
Is it correct that this is still the case?

@vyunikov @kanata.koyama ,

I’ve a host joining from Meeting SDK for Web (2.18.2) with Role = 1
This is the prompt seen when a participant (role = 0) tries to “Start MediaCapturePermission”

This is the 2nd prompt when a participant (role = 0) tries to “Start MediaCapture”

1 Like

@chunsiong.zoom Thanks for your fast response.
This scenario doesn’t work for me:

1. Start a meeting as a host using Zoom Web UI: login to https://zoom.us/ and host a meeting from there
  2. Host should keep using web UI and participate in the meeting from web
  3. Participant (role=0) joins using Meeting SDK for Web, version 2.18.2
  4. Once accepted, participant calls mediaCapturePermission and gets the above specified error in response
1 Like

@vyunikov @kanata.koyama If still your facing issues then I am providing freelancing services.

You can connect with me by clicking my profile image (WhatsApp).

Thanks.

1 Like

@chunsiong.zoom @freelancer.nak
even though not 2.18.2 but 3.0.0, I have this problem too :cry:

@kanata.koyama @vyunikov ,

I’ve just checked PWA ( aka the Zoom Web Client on zoom.us) does not support the prompt. This is only supported on Meeting SDK Web and Zoom Client.

Even in the scenario where a participant user on Zoom Client request for Host (on PWA) for recording permission, this will be the error shown.

“The host is unable to receive your request to record”

@chunsiong.zoom Is there a plan to support the prompt in Zoom Web Client? Otherwise it’s almost impossible to get the recording permission from the host using web client

@chunsiong.zoom

Is there a plan to support the prompt in Zoom Web Client? Otherwise it’s almost impossible to get the recording permission from the host using web client

yeah, this is a concern for me as well.

@kanata.koyama @vyunikov ,

I’ve put in a feature request for this, and we are expecting this to roll out around Q2 of 2024

ZOOM-648764

1 Like

@chunsiong.zoom
thank you for dealing with this issue🥲
excuse me, one more thing,
I am aware that Zoom support (maybe @chunsiong.zoom?) has previously promised in correspondence with another member of our company to wait for us to follow the Zoom SDK App Requirements until the above bug is fixed.
Is it correct that this is still the case and that you will wait until the bug is fixed around 2Q of 2024?

@kanata.koyama ,

I would recommend you to publish as soon as possible, as there is possibility your application might get flagged and taken down if someone flags this as abuse.

The previous extension of deadline was for a different issue, and not related to this, so the extension is not applicable in this case.

@chunsiong.zoom

I would recommend you to publish as soon as possible,

We cannot publish the Zoom Bot to users as it is because the ZOOM-648764 bug will prevent many users who use the Zoom web client from using our service.

The previous extension of deadline was for a different issue, and not related to this, so the extension is not applicable in this case.

really? You mean that this previous conversation does not apply to this bug?

@kanata.koyama.

This previous conversation does not apply to the current bug.

I will elaborate on this point.

The previous bug for the conversation was the issue where mediaCapturePermission was not working on the SDK side. This means the responsibility lies in the SDK / Developer as the mediaCapturePermission was not sent in the first place from the Bot.

In this case which you have raised, the mediaCapturePermission API works as intended. Most client will get the prompt, only with the exception of host running on Zoom Web Client.

The responsibility does not lies in the SDK / Developer.
Zoom will need to add this feature on Web Client for Host.

There is no specific code changes or version change needed from your side when the feature is rolled out in near term.