Zoom IN Meeting Option Visibility Problem

Hi @kumkumschool, thank you for continuing to follow up on this.

I want to assure you that we take each bug report on the devforum very seriously and have had multiple members of the engineering team investigate & attempt to reproduce this issue repeatedly.

In our next SDK release, we have identified a fix for a bug similar to what you are describing which we feel may resolve this issue. Since we have been unable to reproduce the behavior you are seeing after many attempts across multiple devices and development environments, we will unfortunately not be able to tell for sure that this is fixed until the release is publicly available. Once the next version is released, please try it out and let us know if you are still seeing the issue so that we can document that the fix did not resolve it and investigate further.

Be sure to keep an eye on our release notes in the meantime. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hello Jon,

Thanks for your prompt reply…

As you tell that you people not able to reproduce the issue but we are able reproduce this issue on daily routine even our client (school parents) also facing this issue on daily basis.

so i request you to please check this till you reproduce this issue in participant login.

and for release can you please tell me the approx release date that how many days it will be released.

thank you…

Hi @kumkumschool, thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I cannot provide an exact date for the release right now, but keep an eye out because it should be coming soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!