Zoom Meeting SDK error code:200, Failed to construct 'URL': Invalid URL

@chunsiong.zoom @gianni.zoom @MaxM
Meeting SDK Type and Version
Zoom Meeting SDK version 3.1.0 imported via CDN.

Description
The error code 200 indicates that there is an issue when attempting to join the meeting with a user outside of the SDK account in the OAuth + WebSDK app. In this OAuth + WebSDK app, OAuth functionality enables users to schedule meetings, while the WebSDK facilitates users in directly joining Zoom meetings from our platform.

ZoomMtg.join({
            signature: signature,
            sdkKey: sdkKey,
            meetingNumber: meetingId,
            passWord: passWord,
            userName: zoomUserName,
            userEmail: zoomEmail,
            zak: zakToken,
)}

Error?

Troubleshooting Routes

1. I tried to pass the zakToken while joining the meeting as per the documentation but still getting the same error https://developers.zoom.us/docs/meeting-sdk/auth/#start-meetings-and-webinars-with-a-zoom-users-zak-token

How To Reproduce

1. Zoom Meeting SDK Oauth .
  2. When clicked on the join the meet, then these errors are popping up.
1 Like

@yash_bhavi could you provide these details?

• sample of the signature
  • is your Meeting SDK App published?
  • is the Meeting SDK trying to join an external meeting?
  • is the Meeting SDK trying to start or is it trying to join a meeting?
1 Like

Hi @chunsiong.zoom , here are the details you require:

• signature- “eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJzZGtLZXkiOiI0cHUyRUhKUlNCZWdNVUMzY0FPNWciLCJtbiI6Ijk4NDU1OTQ0MDE5Iiwicm9sZSI6MSwiaWF0IjoxNzEyMjc5Mzc2LCJleHAiOjE3MTIzNTEzNzYsImFwcEtleSI6IjRwdTJFSEpSU0JlZ01VQzNjQU81ZyIsInRva2VuRXhwIjoxNzEyMzUxMzc2fQ.8nGB3hmyi3O5az21fgFoCrP3PKkd3ZygKS5sZAt8MvE”

• No, our meeting SDK App is not published yet. We have submitted the request for publishing the App. Upon submitting the app to the marketplace, the reviewer conducted a check and found that our website was unable to join the meetings with external accounts.

• I didn’t get exactly what external meeting means? But as far as I know, the meeting is created by the reviewer who has the external account (which is not added under the SDK account) so the reviewer is getting the above error code:200, Failed to construct ‘URL’ :Invalid URL

• Yes, the Meeting SDK is trying to start a meeting which was created by the external account user itself.

1 Like

@yash_bhavi

If this is an issue with your review, please reach out to your reviewer as well.

For the JWT token which you have shared, it is trying to start an external meeting, which is not supported.

Please change the role to 0 instead of role : 1
You might also want to remove the quotes from the meeting number

These 2 actions should solve your error

1 Like

@chunsiong.zoom

There is no quote in the meeting number and if we changed role to 0 instead of 1 it will join as participant and not as host.

Our app is actually displaying a script in the side while the meeting is going on and I have seen many apps on Zoom marketplace which provide similar kind of functionality, then why I am facing this issue with our app when we are trying to publish it ?
What’s the solution for this as I want to publish the Zoom app on the marketplace as it is an User-Level app?

1 Like

@yash_bhavi

The Meeting SDK cannot start an external meeting.
It can only join an external meeting after it is published.

1 Like

@chunsiong.zoom

referring the above mentioned thread, the answer which you gave is contradicting. So what should I do? I want a solution for this issue ASAP as I want to publish the app on the Zoom marketplace.

@yash_bhavi

The thread which was mentioned starts a meeting as a host. That meeting needs to be an internal meeting, and zak token is use as an authentication method

Our requirement is like the users authorize their zoom account through our app and host their meeting using our app and can display a script side by side while the meeting is going on. So is their any solution to join external meeting as a host ?

Our requirement is like the users authorize their zoom account through our app

this is possible

and host their meeting using our app and can display a script side by side while the meeting is going on.

hosting / starting their own meeting using your app, this is considered starting an external meeting from your app’s point of view. This will work if you are using our web client, but if you are using our web sdk or client sdk, this is not supported.

So is their any solution to join external meeting as a host ?

If you are asking if there is alternative to starting external meeting, yes. They will have to use zoom.us web client.

If we use the Zoom.us web client directly, it will not open our custom script alongside the ongoing meeting. Instead, it will open under the Zoom URL, not our website URL. Is there any solution for this?