Meeting sdk web client issue in webinar - Invalid User email address

Description
I am facing an issue with the Meeting SDK when a webinar is created with the option “Require attendees to authenticate to join” set.
The error occurs after the user has authenticated with the popup “Joining meeting timeout Fail to join the meeting.”
In the https://zoom.us/api/v1/wc/info response in my network tab I then see an error “Invalid User email address”, but in that request the userEmail value is set encoded as mike.taylor%40company.com
I have also ran the request in postman with different variations or email and the response is always the same.

When joining a webinar using the sample CDN app (meetingsdk-web-sample/CDN at master · zoom/meetingsdk-web-sample · GitHub) I face the same issue so I don’t believe it is a code issue, I assume it is a configuration issue. My meeting sdk is activated with “Intend to publish: No”. I have also enabled all meeting, webinar and user scopes in the hope that it would help.

There is no issue connecting to a webinar when only a passcode is required.

Also as per Meeting SDK Auth where it says “Note: Meeting SDK sessions with authentication require a ZAK token to join meetings.” I have tried authenticating the attendee with a zak token to join the webinar (I do not need to start webinars here) and then I get issues to when the user is not a host.
That error is “Not support start meeting via tokens” but my goal is only to join a webinar as attendee.

Browser Console Error
Console error {method: 'join', status: false, result: null, errorMessage: 'Fail to join the meeting.', errorCode: 1}

Response from https://zoom.us/api/v1/wc/info localJsonpCallback2({ "status": false, "errorCode": 3000, "errorMessage": "Invalid User email address." })

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Meeting SDK Code Snippets
My code is

const meetConfig = {
        sdkKey: sdkKey,
        // zak: zak, //commented because joining as attendee
        meetingNumber: meetingNumber,
        userName: userName,
        userEmail: userEmail, // this seems to have issues
        signature: signature,
        passWord: password,
        error(res) {
            console.log(res);
        },
        success() {
            console.log("Success");
        }
    };

ZoomMtg.init({
        leaveUrl: leaveUrl,
        success: function (success) {
            ZoomMtg.join(meetConfig);
        }
    });

But same issue available using meetingsdk-web-sample/CDN at master · zoom/meetingsdk-web-sample · GitHub

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a webinar with passcode and “Require attendees to authenticate to join” enabled
  2. Download starter app and start meetingsdk-web-sample/CDN at master · zoom/meetingsdk-web-sample · GitHub
  3. Use meeting number, passcode and email
  4. See error → Invalid User email address

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Troubleshooting Routes
The troubleshooting attempt types you’ve already exhausted, including testing with the appropriate sample app (found on Zoom · GitHub).

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: Version 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.