Zoom Phone API doesn't return x-rate limit remaining in headers

Zoom Phone APIs don’t return x-rate limit remaining in API headers for the following:
Get account’s call logs(Zoom Phone API),
Get Account’s SMS sessions(Zoom Phone API) and Get SMS sessions details.
Is it something that Zoom can add/fix on their side. I understand SMS rate limit is 20 requests/second so not necessary, but would like to see the rate limits for heavy APIs like call logs to avoid hitting the rate limits.

Another question, rate-limits for the phone API allows 30,000 requests per day but it indicates it is shared with the heavy API limits. The heavy APIs have a 60,000 requests/day limit. When I manually tested hitting the report API, the phone API and then the report API, it only reduced the available requests by 2 rather than 3. This makes the following unclear:

1. Is the phone API limit independent of heavy API limit?
  2. How to identify the remaining available requests to the phone API since we don’t get the requests limit in the header?
  3. Are these rate limits based on account/custom app/user/company wide?

Hi @kdewan ,

I connected with your CSM and will follow up via email!

Thanks!

Waiting for updates from our service engineers regarding this (ZSEE-114937).

Can you please clarify which Report API you tested this with? We have Reports endpoints for Meeting, Phone, etc.

We are requesting to have this available across all the Zoom Phone API endpoint headers (ZOOM-646640).

Generally, rate limits are determined as outlined here, but some accounts have custom limits as noted in bullet 2 on that page “increased rate limits are available” for Business+ accounts upon justifiable request.

I have re-iterated the discrepancy you noted and am awaiting clarity there :slight_smile: :

It is documented that Rate-limits for the phone API allows 30,000 requests per day, but it indicates it is shared with the heavy API limits . The heavy APIs (rate limits by account type) have a 60,000 requests/day limit.

Can you please clarify which Report API you tested this with? We have Reports endpoints for Meeting, Phone, etc.

I found this online, I think this is daily phone report, can’t find it in the doc right now
{{baseUrl}}/report/daily?year=2023&month=8

We are requesting to have this available across all the Zoom Phone API endpoint headers (ZOOM-646640).
Do you know by when we will get this as this will help us not hit any API limits?

Thanks for clarifying the endpoint @kdewan ! And not sure if and when the request will be honored. Still waiting to hear back.

@kdewan , Your request has been reviewed by our API team and added to the backlog, but theres no direct timeline at this moment (ZOOM-646640).

Still awaiting clarity about " 1. Is the phone API limit independent of heavy API limit?" I suspect the Admin API dashboard (release shared below) may resolve this need for your in the interim, but you will need to join the beta. Has your CSM discussed this with you already?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.