Hitting Maximum Number of API Requests?

I’ve been asked to pull phone call logs to load into our EDW for dashboard reporting. The api.zoom.us/v2/phone/call_logs endpoint has most of what we need with the help of some supporting tables on our side.

There may be 27-30k phone call log entries for a given day and I’d like to pull these once a day for the prior day. The issue I am running into is after paging through only 5 to 6 pages (pagesize = 300) I am encountering a 429 - “Sorry, the daily maximum number of api requests is already reached. Please try later tomorrow.” Maybe I am not understanding how the rate limits work on an endpoint that is categorized as Heavy. I’ve throttled the requests to stay within the allowed limits. I haven’t gotten anywhere near 30,000-60,000 requests. There are a few other API calls showing up in the call log but we’re talking about maybe 100 to 200 hitting api.zoom.us/scim/Usersxxxxx throughout the day. Not much traffic at all. And they continue to work after we receive the 429 on our JWT app.

This is a C# app authenticating via JWT to the endpoint passing in the dates and page number. It parses the response and loads the data into our database. Really simple stuff.

Any help understanding why we are hitting our maximum number of API requests would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey @sfaulkner,

Seems like you are doing everything correctly. 2 things to bring up before I look into this further,

1. I see you only have a Pro account, the phone/call_logs endpoints requires a Business or Enterprise account.

2. Are you staying within the 10 requests per second limit?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the reply @tommy. The Zoom account I am attempting to pull the call logs from is an Enterprise account. And I am getting call logs for our company. The problem is that after only 5-6 calls to the endpoint using a page size of 300 we are getting a 429 response and told we have hit our maximum number of API requests for the day. I’m definitely not hitting 10 requests per second as I put in a 1 second delay between calls while I was testing.

Hi @sfaulkner, could you DM us your account number or ID so we can take a look at your usage?

@michael.zoom I sent you all the account information several days ago. Can we get an update on this please? Thanks much.

Hey @sfaulkner,

Please send it to developersupport@zoom.us instead.

Thanks,
Tommy