Zoom Registrants user wrong email and name showing

Description
In my application i am scheduling zoom meeting with registration enabled. User is joining zoom session with that particular registration link.
But when i am fetching zoom meeting details with particular api report/meetings/${meetingId}/participants, for some users it is showing wrong username and email.
This is happening if i am logged in on zoom portal with other zoom user, and if i joined meeting with other user registration url, then zoom report showing details of logged in user of that time instead of showing registered user details.

Can you find, if this is a issue or this is a default known behaviour. IMO system should take the registered users details with report.

Hey @gitesh.purbiya22

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Hi thanks for reply, but the thread you shared, no valid conclusion is there. Can you please help me resolve this ?

Hey @gitesh.purbiya22,

Thanks for reaching out, happy to look into this for you.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page, when you say that “User is joining zoom session with that particular registration link.”, do you mean that they’re joining your meeting using the join_url returned by this endpoint, when a registrant is added to a meeting?:

Or is it possible you’re referring to a different URL? Let me know!

Thanks,
Will

Hi, yes its a join_url which is returned by registration api. I am trying to join meeting by this url. But when user is logged in from other user on zoom portal (https://zoom.us/), then zoom is fetching details from logged in user, instead of registered user.

Hey @gitesh.purbiya22,

Thanks for confirming. If the user is already logged into Zoom, the participant details will default to that of their active Zoom session when they join the meeting.

Let me know if you have further questions about this.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.