Zoom Rooms REST API - "Invite" action

Description
I am working with the Zoom Rooms REST API and am able to use many of the actions, e.g. leave, end, etc. But I am having an issue with the “Invite” action.

I’ve sent a payload like this:

{
“method”: “invite”,
“params”: {
“callee”: [“redacted”]
}
}

The callee ID is a user (not a room) in the same Zoom tenant.

I receive a 200 OK response, but I never receive a call from the Zoom Room, nor does it appear the Zoom Room even tries to call.

Related, the API documentation has what looks like an error in the parameters table - the “method” parameter is shown as “meetingCall” in the table but using this method leads to a validation failure. Using “invite” as shown in the request example succeeds, but, again, no call is received by the user. Furthermore, the description of the “method” parameter in the table is a bit confusing:

“Inviting a user via Zoom Rooms Client, get a prompt whether to accept the invitation if the user is in a meeting, otherwise get invitation email”

I could be reading it incorrectly, but it suggests that the callee will be invited to join the meeting and receive a prompt to accept the incoming call, and should they decline will get an email? Hard to parse out what exactly will happen.

Error
There is no error message. I get a 200 OK with a body very similar to the response shown in the API documentation. Example (redacted room ID):

{
“jsonrpc”: “2.0”,
“result”: {
“room_id”: “redacted”,
“send_at”: “2020-09-16T03:03:56Z”
},
“id”: “69b95914-9445-46e1-8453-7d7d37caa231”
}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/rooms/{roomId}/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Send POST to https://api.zoom.us/v2/rooms/{roomId}/meetings with Bearer authentication and JWT, with the following body (callee redacted; I was using the ID of a user in the same Zoom tenant).

{
    "method": "invite",
    "params": {
        "callee": ["redacted"]
    }
}

Hey @NickMuellerPoly,

This seems like a bug. Let me confirm with our Zoom Rooms engineering team and get back to you. (ZOOM-197801)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy - might you have an update on this issue?

Hey @NickMuellerPoly,

Our team is still looking into this—we’ll circle back here as soon as we have an update.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.