Zoom SDK app crashes with unknown reason - help with dump files

Same issue as Zoom SDK app crashes with unknown reason - help reading dump files, but with new logs/dumps - after fixing our code.

Our Zoom SDK app crashes randomly with no indication as to why.

Which Desktop Meeting SDK version?

Device:
Windows server 2016

Adding logs/dumps here - see the 3 folders ending in _660 (those were created at the time of the crash 13:00~ on 3/11/2021):

@Michael_Condon I’ve removed all SDK calls from child threads as you’ve said - yet we still see this issue. Can you assist? :slight_smile:

Hey @oren.nahum,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

We have fixed various crashes in the Windows SDK since that version. Can you update to the latest version and let me know if you are still seeing crashes?

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks @Michael_Condon
My bad, I wrote the wrong version. We’re using 5.7.1.643.

You can see it in the folder in the crashrpt.xml files:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CrashRpt version="1403">
    <CrashGUID>1301a5b0-418b-4386-a42f-b9e40e552bd4</CrashGUID>
    <AppName>Zoom.us</AppName>
    <AppVersion>5.7.1.643</AppVersion>

Can you take a look?
I’m not seeing any major changes (regarding this/crashes) from v5.7.1.643 to the latest ( v5.7.6.1079)

Hey @oren.nahum,

Ah ok, I see. Will forward this to the engineering team. Do you, by chance, have any reproduction steps or additional information that would help us to track down the issue?

Thanks!
Michael

Sure, I’ve sent to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us and told them to forward to you. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks! Will update you here when I have info.

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks a lot Michael. Here are the logs/dumps: ZoomSDK 7.11.21.zip - Google Drive

Thanks @oren.nahum,
These have been passed along to the engineers for investigation.

Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon
Is there an update from the engineering team? We are continuing to get crash reports on the SDK.
Maxim

We’ve had another crash, in this case the app just exited. adding logs in case it could be helpful:

Google Drive: Sign-in (request access)

Hi @maxim.guenis and @oren.nahum,

This is still being actively investigated by our team. We should be able to provide an update soon and will post any new information in this thread once it is available. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we continue looking into this.

Thanks!

Hi @oren.nahum and @maxim.guenis,

We have identified that the crash initially reported was being caused by the SDK being called from outside of the main thread. Please let me know if you are running into any issues after ensuring that the SDK is only used on the main thread.

Thanks!

Thanks @jon.zoom!, we’re checking the code. Might have missed something.

You’re welcome, always happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.